New Honda-e owner in Finland

Post pictures of your Honda E here
xenith

Post by xenith » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:42 pm

Hello FinnMikko

Is your Honda conncted with the internet? You can change the country from Play Store but only once per year.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... %3DDesktop

FinnMikko

Post by FinnMikko » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:29 am

Hello Xenith,

My Honda-e is not connected to internet. I am not aware of what is actually needed to establish an internet connection.

MyHonda+ app information advices that I first need to visit my Honda Dealer to activate the telematics control unit in car. But do I also need to buy an internet data package subscription (4g) from Finnish telecom company (e.g. Elisa, Telia, DNA)?

Another thing is the app. I really wouldn't like to change my Google country settings just for this. I use many Finnish mobile Apps and will this way lose the software support for one year.

Honda should really show some respect to all proud Honda-e owners in whole European market area and add this app available also in Finland. Working mobile app and local help desk service are important for the product named Honda-e.
Forum member since 10th Aug 2021, 2020 E Advance Charged Yellow 17"

SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 am

Hi FinnMikko,

I would recommend that you don't stress over the app or connectivity. They add nothing important.

A smartphone for navigation with traffic and a key fob are all you need.

Enjoy!

xenith

Post by xenith » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Hello FinnMikko

When you buy a Honda E, you get the Service Connectivity Package from Honda. This package is free and valid for 8 years. An icon (TA car) on the screen shows you the status of the Honda's internet connection. All Honda cars from 2019/2020 (HR-V / Jazz) require the Service Connectivity Package for the MyHonda+ app. It will certainly not be long before Honda offers this for the E in Finland as well.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post