Hond e testdrive

Post pictures of your Honda E here
User avatar
Reuben80
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by Reuben80 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:13 pm

eread wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:58 am
iHansz wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:12 pm
Because uploading fails, here is a link to a similar video that I made -> https://youtu.be/VgB6HHz1JKo :geek:
That really is very nice to watch. I heard from previous videos that mirror cameras remain fine in the rain but the reverse/rearview mirror camera gets very foggy/cloudy I think that's my only major gripe now
Hopefully with some Hydrophobic Coating on the rear glass will solve the problem as the wipers might not reach the top part of the glass where the camera is.

User avatar
iHansz
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by iHansz » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:22 pm

I love the mirrors, even in the bright sun, but my left hand (on the steering wheel) is in front of the left side. Must consciously look around it. The interior mirror is also very nice, nice wide screen, but can be very mirroring in the sun, but hey you can easily flip it over to a normal mirror.
- Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless -

User avatar
londiniumperson
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by londiniumperson » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Reuben80 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:13 pm
eread wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:58 am
iHansz wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:12 pm
Because uploading fails, here is a link to a similar video that I made -> https://youtu.be/VgB6HHz1JKo :geek:
That really is very nice to watch. I heard from previous videos that mirror cameras remain fine in the rain but the reverse/rearview mirror camera gets very foggy/cloudy I think that's my only major gripe now
Hopefully with some Hydrophobic Coating on the rear glass will solve the problem as the wipers might not reach the top part of the glass where the camera is.
The rear camera is inside the rear hatch and within the swept rear wiper area, so a Hydrophobic coating won't help.

I experienced this fogging issue on a small patch around 3cm in diameter on my test drive this morning on a warm sunny day. It cleared after around 10 mins of driving and didn't reoccur again in the 45 min drive.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Reuben80
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by Reuben80 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:15 pm

So what is the reason of the fogging? I am not an expert in weather phenomena

User avatar
londiniumperson
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by londiniumperson » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:53 pm

Reuben80 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:15 pm
So what is the reason of the fogging? I am not an expert in weather phenomena
My assumption is that there is moisture in the air which in the closed car overnight condenses between the camera lens & the inside of the rear window, then as the car warms up whilst being driven (or sat in direct sunlight) it evaporates off.

User avatar
iHansz
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by iHansz » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:43 pm

- Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless -

User avatar
londiniumperson
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by londiniumperson » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm

iHansz wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:43 pm
A 360º view of the interior: https://kuula.co/share/7bp55?fs=1&vr=1& ... =1&logo=-1
Nice 360º view.
I'm really surprised that Honda have switched over some of the controls between the RHD & LHD versions, I instantly noticed that the volume knob & the buttons next to it have been reversed in order as well as the HVAC controls below.

User avatar
iHansz
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 11:32 am
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by iHansz » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:09 pm

londiniumperson wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm
Nice 360º view.
I'm really surprised that Honda have switched over some of the controls between the RHD & LHD versions, I instantly noticed that the volume knob & the buttons next to it have been reversed in order as well as the HVAC controls below.
I love Honda for that kind of detail. Also the small rubber insert in the handle to close the door, which you mentioned ealier. Must be something Japanese. But. What they not paid attention to, is the place of e.g. the 230V power outlet and HDMI connection. That's a hodgepodge of plugins spots, in my opinion. In a German car they had made a unity in sockets. Or however you say that...
- Action without philosophy is a lethal weapon; philosophy without action is worthless -

User avatar
londiniumperson
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Re: Hond e testdrive

Post by londiniumperson » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:42 pm

iHansz wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:09 pm
londiniumperson wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:11 pm
Nice 360º view.
I'm really surprised that Honda have switched over some of the controls between the RHD & LHD versions, I instantly noticed that the volume knob & the buttons next to it have been reversed in order as well as the HVAC controls below.
I love Honda for that kind of detail. Also the small rubber insert in the handle to close the door, which you mentioned ealier. Must be something Japanese. But. What they not paid attention to, is the place of e.g. the 230V power outlet and HDMI connection. That's a hodgepodge of plugins spots, in my opinion. In a German car they had made a unity in sockets. Or however you say that...
I get what you're saying about the power socket location, however power outlets are an ugly necessity (though 230V is unusual in a car), at least they are out of the general eye line because where else could they be put?
In all reality the 230V & HDMI is a gimmick, I know that but I still love that they actually kept it from the design stage, no one is really going to make use of these other than as occasional use, it's not a camper where you want to use microwave (see Honda e 660 km road trip in one day.

Post Reply