Hello from the hills of Jutland

Post pictures of your Honda E here
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

We got our E by coincidence/luck 24/6 so it has had time to be used, dirty, washed and dirty again. Crossed 2000km this week so we are getting to know each other :)

Heres 'Eve'

'Eve' is the wifes daily commuter. We live in the country side but the wifes commute is only 2x16km, half of that city. Great car for that. She charges the car 2-3 times a week, and it is rarely below 40%. We only charge at home for convenience and cost as charging stations in Denmark cost a fortune. We got the Honda wall charger (called Wall-E. If you have seen the movie it makes more sense :)). It's included in DK.
We have an old Civic 1,6d Tourer as my daily and workhorse for any traveling and practical jobs so range and size of the E is not going to be an issue.

Over the 2000k our displayed average consumption is 177Wh/km. This is negatively affected by some motorway trips and very short trips. The average daily commute is around 165Wh/km incl. heating/cooling. Our charging loss is around 10%.

Things I love about the E:
  • Easy and uncomplicated to drive
  • Very comfortable. Has that large luxury car feel to the way it drives and to the noise level
  • Super manuverable and quick
  • The wife loves it
  • Just a loveable car
Things I wish were different:
  • Very softly sprung and tall so alot of body movement
  • More side-support on the seats (linked to above, doesn't inspire to spirited driving)
  • Infotainment is more gimicky than usefull

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I am glad that you are happy with it. 177Wh/km is the official range so it is good that you are getting that as average.
For me soft springs are a plus. I love soft suspensions that can go over bumps without noise and feel. I am not going to go fast in it, I am a hyper miler :)
How did you calculate the charging loss of 10%?
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Reuben80 wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:48 pm How did you calculate the charging loss of 10%?
Our charger is connected via a power consumption meter and since we only charge at home its simply distance driven/power used/board computer consumption.

Those 177Wh includes spirited driving, top speed (150km/h indicated), lots of demo drives with family and friends etc. As you would expect with an new car. Was 185Wh a couple of weeks ago, but has been dropping over the last weeks since the 'testing' has cooled of ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have seen down to 130Wh without trying super hard.

BTW: I only use sport mode, as I love the throttle response
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Does look good in blue. :-)
Adv. 16" Wheels
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Where has the European flag on the license plate gone? Are these special license plates for EVs?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

iHansz wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:16 pm Where has the European flag on the license plate gone? Are these special license plates for EVs?
They are optional. Whats the point on a car which will never cross a border? Main reason, I think they look less clean ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Trykpaa wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:12 pm
iHansz wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:16 pm Where has the European flag on the license plate gone? Are these special license plates for EVs?
They are optional. Whats the point on a car which will never cross a border? Main reason, I think they look less clean ๐Ÿ˜‰
The font used differs as well. I find the old one to be both easier to read at a distance and a fair bit prettier.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Trykpaa wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:12 pm
[/quote]

Oh okay, didn't know that you have a choice. You have no choice over here and itโ€™s mandatory.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only