70 Plate, Charge Yellow

Post pictures of your Honda E here
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I noticed the Anderson before I'd read your post :lol:

Can you answer a question about it please?
It's it inconvenient having to coil the cable up inside it each time or is it not an issue for you or maybe it's easier than I'm assuming? I find those jelly snakes are pain to keep neatly coiled when not in use.

I considered one, but then in all reality I want the function of the Ohme (or similar like the OpenEVSE) and I justified that in part because I have a 70's house and the last time I tried polishing a 💩 it got messy 🤣
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:02 am
It's it inconvenient having to coil the cable up inside it each time or is it not an issue for you or maybe it's easier than I'm assuming? I find those jelly snakes are pain to keep neatly coiled when not in use.
TBH, I've still not used it yet so the coiling hasn't yet been a challenge. I did try it when it was installed (March, back when the ETA on the cars was a bunch earlier than it turned out to be) and it was fine. But I'll update on this when it's being used more regularly. I chose it primarily on aesthetics, plus the scheduling app etc....
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

MattHero wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:06 am
londiniumperson wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:02 am
TBH, I've still not used it yet so the coiling hasn't yet been a challenge. I did try it when it was installed (March, back when the ETA on the cars was a bunch earlier than it turned out to be) and it was fine. But I'll update on this when it's being used more regularly. I chose it primarily on aesthetics, plus the scheduling app etc....
I guessed aesthetics was a high priority for you because you chose Charge Yellow :D It turns out to have been a good decision on both accounts.

In all seriousness though, the Anderson was high on my list but I made the decision to switch to Octopus Energy and their Agile tariff specifically due to my EV (it's not yet cost effective for me to have PV solar panels). This left few options for full integration to Agile, not withstanding that the Honda doesn't yet have an accessible API to communicate back to the Ohme (I'm hopeful, or maybe deluded that it will be available eventually).
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:32 am
I guessed aesthetics was a high priority for you because you chose Charge Yellow :D It turns out to have been a good decision on both accounts.

In all seriousness though, the Anderson was high on my list but I made the decision to switch to Octopus Energy and their Agile tariff specifically due to my EV (it's not yet cost effective for me to have PV solar panels). This left few options for full integration to Agile, not withstanding that the Honda doesn't yet have an accessible API to communicate back to the Ohme (I'm hopeful, or maybe deluded that it will be available eventually).
True, very true. Same as the decision to go for 16s ;) But thanks!

I'm hoping to go Solar/battery in the few years, but in the meantime I'm swapping over to an off-peak EV deal which should give me 4.7p per KW overnight, which I can schedule on the Andersen and fill up the e for ~£1.30 a time (although that is somewhat reliant on British Gas' online tariff swapping system being unborked, which at the moment it is not).
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

That's cheaper than Octopus Go. Time to challenge them!
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

ChesterUK wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:16 am That's cheaper than Octopus Go. Time to challenge them!
The BG plan is "Electric Drivers Nov 2021" if you want to quote for a price match.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post