I’m an idiot, but good value

Post pictures of your Honda E here
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Came to unplug the e this morning after first overnight charge. And I couldn’t remove the connector. Still locked. On our Mini Countryman PHEV, when you unlock the doors, it unlocks the cable.
I hadn’t read the e manual 😊. You have to press a small button inside the charging cover. I’m sure everyone else has worked this out.
On the plus side, first charge of 23.85kWh cost me £1.19 for 90 miles range or 1.325p/mile. Fantastic

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Congrats on the car and unplugging without breaking anything 😉 Did the same first time.

If the little E Honda proves as reliable as the ICE Hondas it will be super cheap to get around in provided decent power cost of cause. For service, insurance, road tax we are paying around 5000dkk (550£/year). First 2 months have cost about 30£/month worth of electricity ~ total about 900£/year for 18000km/year.

I haven't had any repair cost on my ICE Hondas for 8 years. A handfull of wind screens, a set of rear brakes and wheels and tires not included. If the E proves as reliable it should have running cost less than half of e.g. my diesel Civic.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Jools - more porridge or Weetabix, or maybe a better nights sleep? We all have to learn something new everyday.

One tip, which I have yet to find in Manual. Nothing to do with Charging cable, but it is also a small button.
In Boot recess, where your fingers go to release the Boot catch, there is also a small button to the right (drivers side).
Press this, with Boot closed, and it locks the car.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

advance2020 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:47 pm Jools - more porridge or Weetabix, or maybe a better nights sleep? We all have to learn something new everyday.

One tip, which I have yet to find in Manual. Nothing to do with Charging cable, but it is also a small button.
In Boot recess, where your fingers go to release the Boot catch, there is also a small button to the right (drivers side).
Hopefully not if your keys are still inside :lol:
Many years ago one of my sons did that on our car when we 100 miles from home :cry: luckily it was at my mum's so at least we weren't stranded as such. We contemplated smashing one of the windows, but a drive back in heavy rain and on a cold dark night didn't appeal, so a call to the breakdown people resulted in entry to the car and slightly bent door frame :lol:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
keithr

Post by keithr »

advance2020 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:47 pm One tip, which I have yet to find in Manual. Nothing to do with Charging cable, but it is also a small button.
Yes, that's a good tip to share. I had the same feature on my Nissan LEAF, but I owned the car for over a year before I realised it! Being able to lock the car from the tailgate is easier than trying to lock the car at a door handle while carrying two or more shopping bags.

PS It's mentioned on page 105 of the Owner's Manual (paper version that comes with the car, or page 176 in the downloadable PDF file version).
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

keithr wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
advance2020 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:47 pm One tip, which I have yet to find in Manual. Nothing to do with Charging cable, but it is also a small button.
Yes, that's a good tip to share. I had the same feature on my Nissan LEAF, but I owned the car for over a year before I realised it! Being able to lock the car from the tailgate is easier than trying to lock the car at a door handle while carrying two or more shopping bags.

PS It's mentioned on page 105 of the Owner's Manual (paper version that comes with the car, or page 176 in the downloadable PDF file version).
I agree, a great tip to bring up.

The manual's so large that unless you've a photographic memory and you also read it cover to cover then this is the sort of thing we (well me at least) want to hear about.
When you're looking for a particular issue, then there's no real excuse not to be able to locate it in the online manual using the search facility or by thumbing through the paper version, however things like this that are not obvious to some of us.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Jools - you also posted in the wrong Section. Working too hard no doubt. Faults & Technical would be better. (but good value all the same)
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons