Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Looking good Dvb
An extra goodie bag!
But I got an orchid lol

keithr

Post by keithr »

keithr wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:39 pm
Jaws wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:51 pm another e owner who had a similar noise in his car. He had traced it to the plastic casing around the base of the rear view mirror adjacent to the windscreen, he gave it a wiggle and it was OK.
Unfortunately my wiggling and moving the cover didn't make the buzzy rattle stop - at one point it seemed to make it worse. I even tried squeezing something between the cover and the windscreen, but that didn't make any difference.
Hoperfully I'm not speaking too soon, but I think I may have stopped my car's rattle - it's been rattle free for 5 days. Fingers crossed!

What I did to fix it (I think) was to press up on the cover, roughly in the middle, until I felt the cover making contact with something solid. After a brief application of pressure I released it. It has not rattled since. :o I hope it's not just a coincidence (it stopped rattling for a few days once before).
keithr

Post by keithr »

keithr wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:26 pm Hoperfully I'm not speaking too soon, but I think I may have stopped my car's rattle
It seems I was speaking too soon - the rattle was back again today. How annoying. :x
keithr

Post by keithr »

Discussion about the rattle continues in the thread "Annoying rattle in the overhead switch cluster" - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=426.
Fed

Post by Fed »

dVb9 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:36 am Was I appropriately dressed for the collection of my.e? You decide...

Where did you get this shirt ?