The e has landed...

Post pictures of your Honda E here
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

Finally collected my car this afternoon, and I'm thrilled to bits with it.

The side cameras are fantastic (though I've not yet tried them at night or in the rain), and I've made a determined effort to leave the rear-view mirror in camera mode (as it was set at handover) to see how I get on with it. So far, so good, but I've noticed that in bright sunshine, as we've had in London today, the image can appear very washed-out, to the point that you can't really make anything out for a while.

A couple of niggles: while I'm generally very impressed with the quietness and ride quality (better than the Kona on both fronts), on certain road surfaces and at certain speeds it produces a cacophonous rattle from the front passenger side of the dashboard, and possibly from the door trim as well. I've tried emptying the glove box (just in case) but it's still there. The other annoyance is that the charging door is misaligned, which I didn't notice until after I'd got home. Hopefully both these issues will be sorted by the dealership.

Popping back on Friday so that they can set up the connectivity for the my Honda+ app (that is, I hope they can).

Oh, and yes - I did get the goody-bag. 8-) But not the floor mats - had to buy those myself, albeit with a discount.

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Welcome: had my Test Drive in this Metallic Steel. Our sons favourite colour. Certainly looks as though it means business (don't mess with me).

Of course we will now all be checking the 'alignment' of our Charging hatches, although I haven't noticed any problem.
My daughters hearing is better than mine (old age, losing it a bit) and she noticed a slight noise, which turned out to be the sunvisor, which I use quite a lot. However once stowed correctly, it has done quiet.

Zoom feature on pics is interesting, but you need to upload some sharper images! Impressed with your Mansion though.
And we wish the Best of Luck with MyHonda+ connection.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Congrats! You picked the best colour. :-)
Adv. 16" Wheels
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Nice.
That was my original colour choice when I placed the online order, but when I went to place the order at the dealer they told me that it was the same as the existing Honda colour which they had in the showroom on a CR-V, but it looked to have a purple hue so I switched to Black.
It's odd because the 2 cars have the same paint name but the Honda e shade looks different.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

advance2020 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:47 pm Welcome: had my Test Drive in this Metallic Steel. Our sons favourite colour. Certainly looks as though it means business (don't mess with me)

Thanks. I've always had a penchant for dark metallic grey. Actually had one of my X1/9s resprayed in this colour, and it's been my colour of choice for many iof my recent cars.
advance2020 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:47 pm Of course we will now all be checking the 'alignment' of our Charging hatches, although I haven't noticed any problem.
My daughters hearing is better than mine (old age, losing it a bit) and she noticed a slight noise, which turned out to be the sunvisor, which I use quite a lot. However once stowed correctly, it has one quiet.

I only noticed the charging door when I was sitting at my desk, looking out of the window at the car, its bonnet being not far below my eyeline. But once you've seen it... I'll try to post a photo.

As for the dashboard noise, it's horrendous. Just hope I can reproduce it at will on Friday.
advance2020 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:47 pm Zoom feature on pics is interesting, but you need to upload some sharper images! Impressed with your Mansion though.
And we wish the Best of Luck with MyHonda+ connection.

I think the zoom is something that Google Drive does automatically. I dropped the photo size down to 2MB as I wasn't sure how sound people's connections were - especially when using mobile devices. Happy tlo upload some larger versions, though.

As for my mansion, there's 10 points waiting for the first person to correctly identify that building.
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

sbullo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:53 pm Congrats! You picked the best colour. :-)

Big up grey crew, as the youngsters no doubt say these days, innit?
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:39 pm Nice.
That was my original colour choice when I placed the online order, but when I went to place the order at the dealer they told me that it was the same as the existing Honda colour which they had in the showroom on a CR-V, but it looked to have a purple hue so I switched to Black.
It's odd because the 2 cars have the same paint name but the Honda e shade looks different.

To my eyes it's a very pure grey, which is a massive relief as the renderings in the online configurator had a decidedly browny/bronzish tint to them. I waited until I saw the grey car in Jonny Smith's Valencia review video before placing my order.

Black would have been my second choice.
londiniumperson

There's obviously something wrong if you're hearing noise from the dash because mine's rattle free over rough roads.
However I don't recommend closing the front doors with the windows wound right down, I think it must be a frameless design issue because my Mini was similar.
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:07 pm There's obviously something wrong if you're hearing noise from the dash because mine's rattle free over rough roads.
However I don't recommend closing the front doors with the windows wound right down, I think it must be a frameless design issue because my Mini was similar.

Agreed - I'm definitely going to get them to take a look at it.

From what you've said about frameless doors, I think my Bertone-built X1/9 must be the exception that proves the rule, as its doors have always closed with a satisfying thunk, whether the windows were up or down. In fact, in this respect it was even better than any of the three SLKs I've had. Unfortunately, as the X1/9 has aged, just getting the windows to go up and down at all has become a challenge. Must be some kind of metaphor...
londiniumperson

I forgot to mention, well done on the discounted floor mats.

I had to use the 'I had to make 2 special 40 mile round trips in failed attempts to get the app working' argument just for them to match the price I could get them delivered to my home from an online Honda parts company. Even then I had to wait for the manager to agree to this generous offer :roll:

I think trips to other Honda dealers will happening to discuss servicing.