The e has landed...

Post pictures of your Honda E here
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

As left4cookies said it looksas if the bonnet is not closed properly on the right.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I think that I've found the cause:
Bonnet Slide.mp4
Bonnet slide
(252.94 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

Reuben80 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm As left4cookies said it looksas if the bonnet is not closed properly on the right.

OK, I officially feel rather stupid now. :oops:

The bonnet was indeed not shut properly on the right-hand side. It is now, and the flap is, of course, properly aligned.

Many thanks for the suggestion. That hadn't even occured to me.
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:14 pm I think that I've found the cause:
Bonnet Slide.mp4

That would only work if it was a Gran Tor-e-no...
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

keithr wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:13 pm
dVb9 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:45 pm As for the dashboard noise, it's horrendous. Just hope I can reproduce it at will on Friday.
My Honda e also has a rattle, seeming to come from the middle of the dashboard, behind the screens. It's a buzzy rattle when going over some (not all) small bumps, but it doesn't rattle over big bumps, strangely. On a recent trip out of town I was driving at 50 - 55mph when the rattle became a continous not-stop rattle that lasted for 5 minutes or more, and only stopped when I slowed down. That was becoming a bit annoying! However, I had a 33 miles drive yesterday and I didn't hear the rattle once. The only difference that I can think of is that the sun was out and it had shone on and heated up the dashboard before the start of my trip. So if the rattle comes back in cooler weather then I think I'll have to take it to the dealer to see if they can fix it.

I was about to post something very similar to this. Been out in the car for much of today, covering everything from motorways to a cobbled news, and the car was as quiet as a mouse - except for once when going over a series of manhole covers and shallow ruts in quick succession, when the noise momentarily returned in all its glory. I'll keep a watching (listening?) brief,
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

A few more pics:

Took the e to the Science Museum where, aged 5 or 6, I saw my first ever electric car.

I'm going to have to take this one again... with the bonnet shut. Doh!

Together in electric dreams...

And a larger version of the initial photo on this thread (as requested).
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

dVb9 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:50 pm
Reuben80 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:12 pm As left4cookies said it looksas if the bonnet is not closed properly on the right.

OK, I officially feel rather stupid now. :oops:

The bonnet was indeed not shut properly on the right-hand side. It is now, and the flap is, of course, properly aligned.

Many thanks for the suggestion. That hadn't even occured to me.
That might well also account for the rattling noise.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

londiniumperson wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 pm That might well also account for the rattling noise.

Perhaps, though I'm beginning to think that might be the screw I've clearly got loose.
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

Well, on a short drive last night (about 3 miles) the rattle was back with a vengeance, and remained throughout 90% of the journey, regardless of speed or road surface.

The car was showing that it was 11°C outside, so I wonder if keithr is on to something when he says it may be temperature-related. If it is, it's going to make it that much harder to reproduce for the dealership.
keithr

Post by keithr »

I just hope that if I ask the dealer to fix the rattle that they don't inadvertantly end up creating a new and possibly worse rattle! My brother mentioned that when he was working as a car mechanic (about 40 years ago!) they had a customer with a Jaguar that had a dashboard rattle. So they took the whole of the dashboard apart and then replaced it all - and the rattle was still there! The customer was insistent that he wanted it fixed, so they took the dashboard apart and replaced it again, and this time the rattle was gone, although they had no idea what they had done to fix it. They spent over 8 hours of labour on it. Imagine paying for that at today's labour prices of over £100 an hour!