My lovelieee e!

Post pictures of your Honda E here
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Trykpaa wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:31 pm Congrats on the new car. Good colour.

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:50 pm It's great to see more purchases, though I'm yet to see another Honda e in the wild myself.
I found it difficult enough trying to decide on the colour without any colour add-ons.
My wife parked next to another one at the local grocery store yesterday. It's local, we see it often. But what are the odd 😉 And when she came out a man asked questions about the car as they considered buying one. Our local area have a population of around 1500 citizens. Maybe we have a "bad" influence when driving around 'flashing' the E.
Hi Trykapp many thanks, yes I love my colour combo!

ohhh "flashing the E" that's the spirit, I will keep that in mind :lol:

R x
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

399FFE68-12DA-473A-9809-9BBB14CFCBF1.jpeg

Hi Marmite,

I'm guessing Yellow trim was not an option, otherwise you would have opted for Black with Yellow detailing. You already have a red garage door.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

tee hee Advance2020

marmite-love-it-or-hate-it-board-game-85990-0-1424920002000.jpg

my motto :mrgreen:
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

I have been racking my brains to think up a clever comment to accompany this image, like suggesting you order a Red one (from Japan) by just had to share anyway.

12C8C434-3433-4214-8997-D43A323C4601.jpeg

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Morning, surprised to see this thread coming up again, lol

I love Marmite! Meanwhile thank you Advance2020, on the Aquarium thread you gave tip to make menu to icon on the screen. I didn't find that information anywhere on Nav manual (or not understanding more likely).

My e is with dealership atm overnight, the charge lid did have protective seal (like Londi suggested) left by mistake so they had to dismantle a bit to take it off. At the same time they supposed to re-connect TCU after obtaining some guidance from Honda UK :roll: They said they would try pairing with staff's phone to double check and call me - I was wondering if that may confuse the matter more?? Oh well I will see later today...

vintage-marmite-1000-pieces-124835-p.jpg

keithr

Post by keithr »

Marmite wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:52 am Meanwhile thank you Advance2020, on the Aquarium thread you gave tip to make menu to icon on the screen. I didn't find that information anywhere on Nav manual (or not understanding more likely).
It's not in the Nav manual, it's in the Owner's Manual, page 270. See the Shortcut icons discussion.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

keithr wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:52 pm It's not in the Nav manual, it's in the Owner's Manual, page 270. See the Shortcut icons discussion.
:oops: thank you keithr! I have no idea what I would be doing (everything left as default most likely) if I didn't find this place. .. You didn't write the manual by any chance did you!!?

Meanwhile the dealership decided my TCU may need to be replaced but apparently they need permission from Honda UK to do so - so my e will be staying in the hospital for the foreseeable future :evil:
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Hi Marmite,
We are here of help. Some of the Guys here read the Manual to help them go to sleep, and love a challenge.
There is lots to learn, but fortunately actually driving the car is a doddle.

Several Dealers have struggled to get their Customers cars to connect with My Honda + app, although by now Honda UK should be able to get them trained and up to speed. Meanwhile enjoy "feeding your fish" (just touch the screen for food) as we wouldn't want them to go hungry.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

A story about asking for help

Many years ago, when I was an Engineering Apprentice, we lived in hostel accommodation, provided by the Company.
While most of us were Engineers, one guy was a Business Studies student. He had a green Austin A35 van like this.

Austin_A35_van_in_typical_green_ca_1963.jpg

Well it wasn’t it such good nick as this. The bodywork needed some attention. So he asked around for advice.
And he got loads. Not only was everyone keen to share their knowledge, they were soon volunteering to help with the repairs.
But he needed the right materials. Well this was an aircraft company, and it was easy enough to “come by” the necessary stuff from the shop floor.

So before you could blink an eye, he had enlisted these helpers, who nicked the materials for him, and repaired his van.

Save to say this lesson has stuck with me. This guy went on to be very successful in the Company.
The art of good management is delegation.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:01 pm ...
The art of good management is delegation.
Don't I know it, my previous manager moved onto another project last year within the company, he'd also been running his own business from home for years, whilst us mugs did his work :roll:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current