Hi all, what in the world have I done?

Post pictures of your Honda E here
Manglet

Post by Manglet »

Greetings from the west coast of Norway!

Quick backstory: I am a semi-geek, been working with computer-related stuff for about 14 years, have owned a handful of cars, a means of transportation that moves my body from A to B. Some in a more fun way than others but still, transport. If I want my soul to be moved I jump on one of my motorcycles. As time has passed the motorcycles have expanded and cars were minimized to "get the job done" type of cars. Which manifests in a classic Nissan Leaf 2nd generation. Top stuff, did what it needed to do not even close to exiting.

Then this quirky thing caught my eye on the internet one day, hmm what is that weird thing, looks like the old GTI era, and boy did we have fun with some of those.. countless hours in Golf MKII GTI and the Peugeot 205 GTI back in the days certainly put some smiles on our faces.

So I decided to go to the local Honda dealer and sat inside one. Wait, what? screens from end to end encapsulated in wood? When I relax from working with computer stuff I tend to make furniture or carve things out of wood.. and then this thing is made, what? Did they make one just for me or what?

So I bought one.

And for the first time since I was 18 I got a car that now moves my soul, and not just my body. Sure there are several things with it that could be improved, maybe even a lot of things.. do I care? No, I need to drive this thing and represent it.

And then for some pictures, had to wait a bit to get it because I was determined on a set of aftermarket Rims from Brock that matches the color of the car and the front spoiler. Mine is the one on the left:

IMG_7458.jpg

Another one a bit closer, parked at home:

IMG_7459.jpg

Top view:

IMG_7469.jpg

And then (sorry about the quality) just a quick phone capture of the start of tinkering on wallpapers, which funny enough is the thing that brought me to this forum, thank you so much for the photoshop template for the wallpaper! I Will update later on with interior plans, got a super Nintendo and a Chromecast set up that I will try to integrate into the interior

IMG_7486.jpg

Now, what in the world happened? Buying a car and then even posting to an online forum about the car...

Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

You have done the right thing!

Wonderful story!
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Hahaha – welcome!
Great pictures. And: how I would love to visit your fantastic country again....
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Warm welcome from warm (getting there...) England to (still cold?) Norway! :D One day, before I die, I would love to visit Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen.

As computer related working person what is your opinion of Honda+ app!?? Is it fully working in your country?
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
scotty c

Post by scotty c »

nice looking wheels, and colour of car. I'm waiting delivery of my grey one.

where about in Norway are you? I've visited Trondhiem a few times for work and skiing in Are. also worked in Larvik for a while 20+ years ago.

Scott in Aberdeen.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Very nice rims, well done.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Welcome,

The Honda is definitely a heart over head decision.

Most people at work think I'm mad for getting it, yet love the design.
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome to the exclusive club of Honda e owners.

My work colleagues also think I'm mad for buying a BEV with such a small range, especially considering the cost relative to the alternatives.

Those of us in the UK only have the official options on the wheels of the default 16 or 17" with the accessory option of the 17" Gunpowder/Accent Blue wheels, the Brock range aren't available to us unless we purchase and fit these ourselves.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Welcome Manglet!

The car looks badass on those rims!
Manglet

Post by Manglet »

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Let me try to respond to some of your comments here:
Highanddry wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:00 am You have done the right thing!

Wonderful story!
Thanks Highanddry, you might have a good point there

RAL7004 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:19 am Hahaha – welcome!
Great pictures. And: how I would love to visit your fantastic country again....
Come on up! I provide guided motorcycle tours in between the fjords and the mountains here but I can make an exception from the bikes if you come on over with the E and arrange an E-tour of the west coast of Norway :D

Marmite wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:27 am Warm welcome from warm (getting there...) England to (still cold?) Norway! :D One day, before I die, I would love to visit Bryllupsdag på Troldhaugen.

As computer related working person what is your opinion of Honda+ app!?? Is it fully working in your country?
Thank you so much Marmite! Just got off a teams meeting with someone in London and we are pretty similar on temperatures right now, but that will not last I promise you. Hmm, Brullypsdag på Troldhaugen is actually a musical piece made by Edvard Grieg, is this a metaphor for a place in Norway? Or are you thinking of visiting the home of Edvard Grieg at Troldhaugen? If it is the latter I would highly recommend that because that area of Norway has a lot to offer.

Haha, the app.. well.. I come from Nissan's Carwings which was truly terrible.. It helped a bit to set the app to a timezone opposite of where you live, for example, Japan for me where they usually slept when I was awake and tried to warm up my car. Looking at that app the Honda+ app is workable, but not much more.. but the app is definitely a good idea that has been poorly made in my mind. The problem could be that once it is made as it is they will not take the time or spend the resources needed for doing it properly. I anticipated it to be a sales pitch, to be honest, and based on that the app is just above a sales pitch. The digital key on the other hand, if they get it to work is a really good idea. Take the car to the pub, send a key to your mate and he drives it home the next day.

scotty c wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:10 am nice looking wheels, and colour of car. I'm waiting delivery of my grey one.

where about in Norway are you? I've visited Trondhiem a few times for work and skiing in Are. also worked in Larvik for a while 20+ years ago.

Scott in Aberdeen.
Thanks! Do you have to wait for a long time to get it?
I am in the southwest of Norway more closely Haugesund. Visiting Trondheim and skiing in Åre, you know someone up there then? That is not that commonly known amongst tourists but it certainly is fun!
Reuben80 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:40 am Very nice rims, well done.
Thanks Reuben :)
milligoon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 am Welcome,

The Honda is definitely a heart over head decision.

Most people at work think I'm mad for getting it, yet love the design.
I guess it is, maybe that is why it moved me so much.. Yeah I have heard the same thing, "whats the range?, oh really?.. and the car is new you say? ok..." A friend of mine literally hates the design which actually made me like it even more, if a design is quirky enough to be hated then it definitely is quirky enough to be loved IMHO.

londiniumperson wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:36 pm Welcome to the exclusive club of Honda e owners.

My work colleagues also think I'm mad for buying a BEV with such a small range, especially considering the cost relative to the alternatives.

Those of us in the UK only have the official options on the wheels of the default 16 or 17" with the accessory option of the 17" Gunpowder/Accent Blue wheels, the Brock range aren't available to us unless we purchase and fit these ourselves.
Thank you londiniumperson! Haha, I have heard the exact same thing..
I had to do some convincing and photoshop mockups for the dealer to fully acknowledge the car to get delivered like that. Fortunately, the sales rep drives the exact same car so he got pretty eager to see rims like that on it.

rickwookie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:52 pm Welcome Manglet!

The car looks badass on those rims!

Thanks rickwookie! I think so as well. Very exciting to see it the first time, I checked color codes and they should match up with the grey of the Honda.. but you can never know until you get to see it for real.