New Honda-e owner in Finland

Post pictures of your Honda E here
Isotope Toast

Post by Isotope Toast »

...aww man, don't depress me. I'm still waiting on my delivery - ordered in March!

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Isotope Toast wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:44 pm ...aww man, don't depress me. I'm still waiting on my delivery - ordered in March!
By any means don't be depressed :) I think the E is a great car, drives great, just dont expect to get much out the screens it's so famous about. ;)

The only grudge I hold against Honda is the fact that I prefer not to be lied about and loose expectations than not even have them in the first place.
The truth is... It's a great driving experience.. it feels nice, you can even play with it if you dare... the technological side of it however when it comes to personalisation (custom driver settings), integration (battery info), and infotainment system (or lack of it) it's a shame.

Whenever a similar size car with camera side mirrors (which has the monitors inside so well positioned) as the E appears... I'll jump the boat.

Honda made a new fan base just to toss it away. :P
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

I'm disappointed by all this negativity. It was an experiment into EV's for me and for Honda. It is a brilliant car to own and to drive and my BMW sits on the drive every day, unless I need greater range.
Yes, it has some issues but name me a car that doesn't. Forget about the app - it's a pointless distraction.

My next car will be an EV. There's no going back.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

SuperRocket61 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:00 am I'm disappointed by all this negativity. It was an experiment into EV's for me and for Honda. It is a brilliant car to own and to drive and my BMW sits on the drive every day, unless I need greater range.
Yes, it has some issues but name me a car that doesn't. Forget about the app - it's a pointless distraction.

My next car will be an EV. There's no going back.
The app is a pointless distraction because it's useless. :lol: if it wasn't you wouldn't be saying that.

I don't think it's negativity.. it is what it is... TSLA has manufacturing issues, TOYOTA has their new EV recalled just when it would begin selling due to it's wheels falling of... the ID3 had bugy infotainment system (already addressed by ota updates) by no means the others are perfect... but... it's the way they put so much focus on a piece of useless hardware that it's so integrated that you can't do anything to improve it, they can.. but won't. It's their fault not mine. :)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

FDAD wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:21 pm By any means don't be depressed :) I think the E is a great car, drives great, just dont expect to get much out the screens it's so famous about. ;)

The only grudge I hold against Honda is the fact that I prefer not to be lied about and loose expectations than not even have them in the first place.
The truth is... It's a great driving experience.. it feels nice, you can even play with it if you dare... the technological side of it however when it comes to personalisation (custom driver settings), integration (battery info), and infotainment system (or lack of it) it's a shame.
I fully agree with FDAD. I remember an interview (I'll have to see if I can find it again) with one of the lead developers of the Honda e. When asked what impressed him most about the Honda e, he said: how the car drives. At the time, I thought that statement was very interesting, given all the technical bells and whistles that were planned.
In the meantime, I fully understand what he meant. As FDAD also wrote: in my opinion, the two big screens are completely unnecessary. One is enough and the system should be based on Apple CarPlay or similar always up-to-date systems – I am particularly curious about the development of Apple and competitors, which actually put their expertise into systems that are deeply integrated into the vehicle.
asjo

Post by asjo »

SuperRocket61 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:00 am I'm disappointed by all this negativity. It was an experiment into EV's for me and for Honda. It is a brilliant car to own and to drive and my BMW sits on the drive every day, unless I need greater range.
I agree completely - I have never bothered with installing the app, and hearing people complain about it just makes me more certain about that decision.

Sure, the screens looked kind of fancy in the beginning, but I got the car for how it looks and feels to drive, not for playing with the screens in it.

Heck, my previous car didn't even have a clock.

Gadgetry has its place and driving has its place - for me they do not need to overlap.
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

I'm considering a 2022 e, but now that I checked out the Honda+ app, I noticed it doesn't list Finland.
Does that mean it's not usable here? So no remote preconditioning? No checking the battery remotely? Nothing at all?
2022 e Advance
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

Correct... app doesn't work at all. Tried everything. Was really disappointed at first, but now has realized that it doesn't matter that much for me. From key you can start preconditioning and it takes it from really far. Of course doesn't work if car is like at the airport parking place. But it takes only few minutes to open windows. Even if it's cold as front window is heated. Checking the battery remotely would be nice of course.
Honda e Advance 2020
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

tiitsu wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:02 am Correct... app doesn't work at all. Tried everything. Was really disappointed at first, but now has realized that it doesn't matter that much for me. From key you can start preconditioning and it takes it from really far. Of course doesn't work if car is like at the airport parking place. But it takes only few minutes to open windows. Even if it's cold as front window is heated. Checking the battery remotely would be nice of course.
Thank you; this is valuable information.

I was thinking of trying to set the app country to, say, Sweden and try registering & pairing with the car. Have you tried that already?
2022 e Advance
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

Tried that and everything else what could think, but no success.
Honda e Advance 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post