New Honda-e owner in Finland

Post pictures of your Honda E here
xenith

Post by xenith »

Hello FinnMikko

Is your Honda conncted with the internet? You can change the country from Play Store but only once per year.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/a ... %3DDesktop

FinnMikko

Post by FinnMikko »

Hello Xenith,

My Honda-e is not connected to internet. I am not aware of what is actually needed to establish an internet connection.

MyHonda+ app information advices that I first need to visit my Honda Dealer to activate the telematics control unit in car. But do I also need to buy an internet data package subscription (4g) from Finnish telecom company (e.g. Elisa, Telia, DNA)?

Another thing is the app. I really wouldn't like to change my Google country settings just for this. I use many Finnish mobile Apps and will this way lose the software support for one year.

Honda should really show some respect to all proud Honda-e owners in whole European market area and add this app available also in Finland. Working mobile app and local help desk service are important for the product named Honda-e.
Forum member since 10th Aug 2021, 2020 E Advance Charged Yellow 17"
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

Hi FinnMikko,

I would recommend that you don't stress over the app or connectivity. They add nothing important.

A smartphone for navigation with traffic and a key fob are all you need.

Enjoy!
xenith

Post by xenith »

Hello FinnMikko

When you buy a Honda E, you get the Service Connectivity Package from Honda. This package is free and valid for 8 years. An icon (TA car) on the screen shows you the status of the Honda's internet connection. All Honda cars from 2019/2020 (HR-V / Jazz) require the Service Connectivity Package for the MyHonda+ app. It will certainly not be long before Honda offers this for the E in Finland as well.
Omniv

Post by Omniv »

Another Finn piping in. Nice colour, shame about the app indeed, I need to start bugging the importer too about this issue.
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

Hi Mikko,

I also bought Honda e in Finland. Second hand and originally from Germany. Same issue with My Honda App... Do you have any progress on that matter?

-Timo-
Honda e Advance 2020
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

SuperRocket61 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:50 am Hi FinnMikko,

I would recommend that you don't stress over the app or connectivity. They add nothing important.

A smartphone for navigation with traffic and a key fob are all you need.

Enjoy!
Mobile app in Finland is essential part for the car because of the winter time. When your car is ice cube outside. It would be nice to start heating before arriving to the car. At home that's not too much of the issue as key fob could start the heating, but everywhere else... not so much. :(

-Timo-
Honda e Advance 2020
marg

Post by marg »

Bumping up an old thread. Still no app or connectivity in Finland. It's kinda strange how this 2020 model (e Advance) already feels like abandonware.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

marg wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:38 pm Bumping up an old thread. Still no app or connectivity in Finland. It's kinda strange how this 2020 model (e Advance) already feels like abandonware.
When I got the car in 2020 i knew that already... :roll:

It was my first Honda.. never really had any connection with the brand, and it will be my last... They better step up that colab with sony....
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

FDAD wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:04 pm
marg wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:38 pm Bumping up an old thread. Still no app or connectivity in Finland. It's kinda strange how this 2020 model (e Advance) already feels like abandonware.
When I got the car in 2020 i knew that already... :roll:

It was my first Honda.. never really had any connection with the brand, and it will be my last... They better step up that colab with sony....
Agreed - this car is abandonware already. Such low volume and not a commercial success , it will never receive any update of any kind. Shame really because tech will become a bigger part of motoring as the years roll on and user expectation increases.

Shame Honda didn't try and get ahead of this game. I can only hope the Sony partnership leads to better apps/software/connectivity. I don't hold my breath however. Honda is typically a car for the older generation who tend to be more tech averse. Honda is not a sexy brand for the younger generation anymore. It's a shame really because whilst the car drives well, a lot of other things really detract from that.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post