Honda E Technical Details

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Rob
Site Admin

Honda E Technical Details

Post by Rob » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Honda has not revealed any specifics in regards to powertrains or expected range so far, but we’re betting on a range in the region of between 100-200 miles from a single charge is likely, as the diminutive dimensions and low asking price will probably limit what is reasonably at the Urban EV’s eventual price point.

It should measure 3.9m long with Honda saying it’s 100mm shorter than a Jazz, but 350mm longer than the original Civic. VW’s Up occupies 3.6m worth of road lengthways for comparison.

During the Frankfurt motor show Honda explained the Urban EV Concept marked the first act in its electrification strategy: by 2030 Honda plan for two-thirds of sales to consist of electrified vehicles.

DaveD62

Re: Honda E Technical Details

Post by DaveD62 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 am

When did the information on this vehicle start? It seems like this has been a long time coming. I have seen some information dating back to like 2013 and it seems to be the same concept.

rickwookie

Re: Honda E Technical Details

Post by rickwookie » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:07 pm

DaveD62 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 am
When did the information on this vehicle start? It seems like this has been a long time coming. I have seen some information dating back to like 2013 and it seems to be the same concept.
As far as I know, the original Honda Urban Electric concept vehicle (that the Honda e is based on) was revealed at the 2017 Frankfurt motor show. It was allegedly the hugely positive reaction to that, that encouraged Honda to go on to make the Honda e production car - Honda's first ever fully electric vehicle!