My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I asked Honda UK via Twitter what was included in the update. Didn’t hear anything.
Then complained/ ranted on one of their stupid tweetverts. Anyhoo they tweeted back saying they had asked technical support and would let me know.
Don’t hold your breath. But will inform here if / when I do

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Joolsdc wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:31 pm I asked Honda UK via Twitter what was included in the update. Didn’t hear anything.
Then complained/ ranted on one of their stupid tweetverts. Anyhoo they tweeted back saying they had asked technical support and would let me know.
Don’t hold your breath. But will inform here if / when I do
I seem to be on their naughty step because I rarely get a response from my tweets.
Once I've exhausted the Honda UK and my dealers complaint procedures and if I've not got a suitable response I might well contact the Honda MD, Jean-Marc Streng on LinkedIn, to what he had to say.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
s2ke

Post by s2ke »

app wont work for me at all

dealer had it paired (ex demo) and has undone it but it sounds like honda will need to fix it (not the dealer)

having said this i read it's shyte anyway so i am not gonna bother until they sort it :D
bogga

Post by bogga »

londiniumperson wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:01 pm
bogga wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:06 pm
Sousaphone wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 am When I do use a DC fast charger I’m generally in or near the car anyway, but I still find it hilarious. Not least when doing a 30 minute charge and then getting the notification while I’m driving...
I wake the car up with the Ohme charger, and then use the Honda app.... The Ohme charger reacts within 1 second (this is just a device with SIM in too)
I never thought about that, so just tried it and the car MyHonda+ app had updated the servers with the car data at the moment I requested the Ohme to start charging, so at least I got some recent data (4 mins prior to checking the app), however it still took the app an age to respond with even this 'old' date and wasn't the current info.
My Honda+ has given up on that too lately....

Did Honda UK delete the twit-e-vert for My Honda+, it's a shame I was going to share some new error messages....

2021-01-29 13_57_38-Screenshot_20210129-135024.png - IrfanView (Zoom_ 737 x 1310).png

2021-01-29 13_58_03-Screenshot_20210120-073310.png - IrfanView (Zoom_ 737 x 1310).png

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Guys, a miracle has happened! Finally the dealer was able to activate the eSim! Unfortunately, the App could not sync with the car... I think that was because I had created an account very very early on and the App was still only in English. So the App probably thought I live in the UK. Deleted that account and after the unsubscribe email from Honda I created a new (Dutch) account with a different email address. And that worked! I'm happy now. 8-)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

May I join you iHansz, at last my replacement TCU had arrived a couple days ago, Honda UK sent some further instruction to the dealership. Though apparently the customer support team moved from Bracknell/UK to Belgium, and the service manager had been blaming that fact as a reason being delayed.

Today all is working quite satisfactory, just after 1month of the car delivery.

Don't get this "Safety & Journey" idea tbh, why do I want to set Geo-Fence?? I signed up just because it's free for this year but I don't see renewing it. Also, is anybody happily paying £49 for the Personal Assistance Service and enjoying having discussion with AI Honda at all?? :)
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Don't pay for the assistant!
It brings no added value.
We bought it out of love for Japan.
Since we don't use the little guy, he always sleeps....
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Marmite wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:23 pm May I join you iHansz, at last my replacement TCU had arrived a couple days ago, Honda UK sent some further instruction to the dealership. Though apparently the customer support team moved from Bracknell/UK to Belgium, and the service manager had been blaming that fact as a reason being delayed.

Today all is working quite satisfactory, just after 1month of the car delivery.

Don't get this "Safety & Journey" idea tbh, why do I want to set Geo-Fence?? I signed up just because it's free for this year but I don't see renewing it. Also, is anybody happily paying £49 for the Personal Assistance Service and enjoying having discussion with AI Honda at all?? :)
Don't waste your money on the Honda Personal Assistance Service, I never got to use it (it's a long story).
As for your free 12 mths, that starts from the day you owned the car, not from when you were able to use the app. My dealer (Hendy Honda Portsmouth) took 2 months to get mine working (again a long story) but wouldn't extend the end date or provide anything as goodwill gesture.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:34 pm
Don't waste your money on the Honda Personal Assistance Service, I never got to use it (it's a long story).
As for your free 12 mths, that starts from the day you owned the car, not from when you were able to use the app. My dealer (Hendy Honda Portsmouth) took 2 months to get mine working (again a long story) but wouldn't extend the end date or provide anything as goodwill gesture.
Awww OK I shall follow your advice gladly. Thank you londiniumperson :)
This thread is sooooo long, starting from last year (before the app update?) so I thought some issues may have been resolved... dream on then :lol:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

Oh, I subscribed to everything. But it's true, that Personal Assistant won't help you at all. We, in the Netherlands, can only choose from English, French, German, Italian and Spanish. If you choose English, it can only search for addresses in the UK! Why? So if I ask "Bring me home", it doesn't know what I mean. When I ask Siri, which I also have in English because of the HomePods (which aren't available here), it gives me a route home. By the way, my dealer advised me, should it become available, not to activate the Digital Key, because there are mayor problems with it. Anyway, it doesn't work with an iPhone.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post