Road Departure Mitigation - Sensitivity settings?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
schodoodles

Post by schodoodles »

Anyone else having to turn this off completely?
I've had a few times where this seems to kick in on the country lanes around our house likely due to the road condition and it picking something up on the sensor but my wife seems to get it a lot more. Mostly on 50mph A roads and not all in decent condition as we live a little bit outside a main suburban area so they've all been patched to usual UK council standards (ie poorly). It wouldn't be too bad but at 50mph and it trying to re-adjust the steering it makes things quite unsettled for a moment.
Anyone know if this can tuned or the sensitivity reduced perhaps through the 'hidden' menus?

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

I don't believe so, but I have the same issue on the lanes around there without central/edge markings; constant erroneous steering corrections made by the e.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

I've had a few instances where its tried to pull the steering from where I wanted to go. Not the first time I have read about this happening on cars with such a system. Unfortunately on the Honda E, you cant turn it off for good, needing to switch it off each time you power on.
I have no idea if the sensitivity can be adjusted, but I doubt it
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

schodoodles wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:49 pm Anyone else having to turn this off completely?
I've had a few times where this seems to kick in on the country lanes around our house likely due to the road condition and it picking something up on the sensor but my wife seems to get it a lot more. Mostly on 50mph A roads and not all in decent condition as we live a little bit outside a main suburban area so they've all been patched to usual UK council standards (ie poorly). It wouldn't be too bad but at 50mph and it trying to re-adjust the steering it makes things quite unsettled for a moment.
Anyone know if this can tuned or the sensitivity reduced perhaps through the 'hidden' menus?
Hi this was already addressed multiple times.. just search the forum and you're not the only one complaining.
To my knowledge there ins't and I just disable it when I get in the car.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

As has been said above RDM is the achilles heel of the Honda e - i.e. it is a pain and I always turn it off, every time I power up. If only there was a permanent way to switch it off. Honda Jazz has similar, but not sure you can even switch it off on Jazz.

To read more, see my WordPress blog https://blackrocket2000.wordpress.com/2 ... -to-fault/

My original can be found here
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=261
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
nyx

Post by nyx »

This happens sometimes for me but it doesn’t bother me. I just resist its pull a few times and then it turns itself off for a while.
Carpasio

Post by Carpasio »

If it's any consolation I have to do exactly the same with my Hyundai Kona (i.e. switch it off each time I set off).
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

nyx wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:29 am This happens sometimes for me but it doesn’t bother me. I just resist its pull a few times and then it turns itself off for a while.
Same here. It turns itself off temporary if detects that it has to make adjustments too often.