Door handle not retracting

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
01e

Post by 01e »

Same issue here on the driver's side.

Dealer says that it is due to water ingress and as above requires a new handle. Bad news is that they are on back order and won't be available until April.

Definitely looks to be a weak spot - hopefully the replacement handles have been modified in some way to protect against this (or the originals were faulty, rather than just a poor design).

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Got a funny feeling this has just cropped up today on my passenger side. Started off with me noticing about 100 yds after driving off the passenger door would clunk and the window would move up for the past couple of days.

Then this evening after coming back from shopping - ended up with the passenger door making a clunking every second or so as reported in another thread.

Did have the car washed fairly recently so suspect it is water ingress related. Might prise the door card off on Saturday and have a look. Stupid door handles - just stupid...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Hopefully your dealer will believe you, my car did this a dozen times over several months with twice being fully open overnight with rain getting in on one occasion. I had photos and videos but the dealer wouldn’t believe there was an issue until the drivers window was opening & closing every second or so whilst driving. It still took weeks before they would even book it in to look at.
Once they’d replaced a part I got a call a few weeks afterwards to bring it in for a door handle replacement, I didn’t bother asking what was done the first time because they don’t seem to know their arse from their elbow.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post