TKS

Post by TKS »

Oh.... :?:

Screenshot_2022-03-06-07-18-24-94_d4967cf686e9b32a012e634008e1d293~2.jpg

Modern Steel Metallic 8-)

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

TKS wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:57 amOh.... :?:
Because needs to verify your subscription. You have only one month free, then 20eur a year
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

After being very doubtful about this product, I did end up buying the vLinker OBD2 bluetooth dongle from Amazon, and subscribing to the Power Cruise Control app.

The app:
HONDAe - Power Cruise Control®
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rol.hondae

The dongle:
Power Cruise Control - Android/iOS BB OBDII Bluetooth
https://www.amazon.de/ (ASIN: B09P6QSJR4)

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to install everything. The dongle can be attached to the car quite easily, as the connector is fully exposed and isn't covered or hidden at all. My phone and app recognised the dongle immediately (I do remove it after leaving the car though). Planning a trip is pretty easy in the PCC app, and Google Maps takes over afterwards.

The thing I liked most about it, is that it is actually quite accurate. It simply tells you how many kWh will be left after the trip. And I also like that I can now tell if a shorter trip, or more direct-but-slower, or a no-highway-trip, is more efficient, based on actual energy use. Even driving up hills was taken into account. I was afraid it would start beeping and go all the way into the red while using a lot of energy, but as it was an "expected" energy increase going uphill, the app would keep saying the energy use was OK.

I also noticed that the new battery software update from back in July *might* have released a little bit more usable battery. My 100% charged battery had 30 kWh of usable energy, in stead of the expected 28.5 kWh.

honda-e-pcc.png

2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Battery software/update from Honda has nothing to do with battery capacity. This thing of 28.5kWh is just because Bjorn did a 1 time calculation in his rented Honda e and said he thinks maximum capacity is 28.5. I remember Honda on launch hinted that it has 32kWh of usable energy and in fact brand new Honda e on PCC they show around 32kWh so I believe more honda than a youtuber. There is nowhere written by Honda that it has 28.5kWh. I can find you the video of Bjorn if you like where he invented this.
Unfortunately this means that you lost 2KWh but mine after 48000km shows 27kWh at 100% so you are better than me lol. However 27kWh showed after 1 year and half and now I am at 2ys and half and still 27kWh so that is good at least. Hopefully it has levelled.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Reuben80 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:30 pm Battery software/update from Honda has nothing to do with battery capacity. This thing of 28.5kWh is just because Bjorn did a 1 time calculation in his rented Honda e and said he thinks maximum capacity is 28.5. I remember Honda on launch hinted that it has 32kWh of usable energy and in fact brand new Honda e on PCC they show around 32kWh so I believe more honda than a youtuber. There is nowhere written by Honda that it has 28.5kWh. I can find you the video of Bjorn if you like where he invented this.
Unfortunately this means that you lost 2KWh but mine after 48000km shows 27kWh at 100% so you are better than me lol. However 27kWh showed after 1 year and half and now I am at 2ys and half and still 27kWh so that is good at least. Hopefully it has levelled.
The Honda UK website, as well as both the original and current online brochures clearly state the battery capacity as 35.5 kWh.

The problem is that this is NOT the usable capacity which is easily proven by running the car until it runs out of power, then charging back to 100%. Bjorn didn’t run the car until zero SoC but ran it low and extrapolated the capacity from this information.

Personally I believe that Honda have omitted salient information from their marketing and publicly available information. They also lied about a number of things in relation to the Honda e, two of which were 100kW charging and the V2G capabilities, both of which are non existent in the UK cars.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
keithr

Post by keithr »

londiniumperson wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:50 pm The problem is that this is NOT the usable capacity which is easily proven by running the car until it runs out of power, then charging back to 100%. Bjorn didn’t run the car until zero SoC but ran it low and extrapolated the capacity from this information.
I believe that Bjorn's test was driving the car at a constant high speed to calculate the 28.5kWh usable charge. If you drive at a slower speed there will be more usable charge available. That's because at higher speeds the higher current draw from/through the battery pack results in more power lost/wasted in heating up the battery pack (and motor). The heat generated by a flowing current increases by the square of the current, i.e. twice the current will produce four times the heat, three times the current will produce 8 times the heat, etc.. That and the similarly increased air resistance at speed means that slower speed will result in more usable charge and greater range.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:50 pm Personally I believe that Honda have omitted salient information from their marketing and publicly available information. They also lied about a number of things in relation to the Honda e, two of which were 100kW charging and the V2G capabilities, both of which are non existent in the UK cars.
Agree...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

Reuben80 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:30 pm Battery software/update from Honda has nothing to do with battery capacity. This thing of 28.5kWh is just because Bjorn did a 1 time calculation in his rented Honda e and said he thinks maximum capacity is 28.5. I remember Honda on launch hinted that it has 32kWh of usable energy and in fact brand new Honda e on PCC they show around 32kWh so I believe more honda than a youtuber.
Thanks for this bit of information. I blindly believed the 28,5 figure. I've looked into some more, and I think you're right about the 28,5 kWh being incorrect. When I ran the PKC app (Power checK Control), it said my car's battery was 30 kWh and that it performed at 96,4% of a new Honda e. This would suggest a new battery would be about 31 kWh. The "EVNavigation" app in the Google Play Store actually lists the Honda e as "32 kWh".
2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

hondaeboy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:40 pm Thanks for this bit of information. I blindly believed the 28,5 figure. I've looked into some more, and I think you're right about the 28,5 kWh being incorrect. When I ran the PKC app (Power checK Control), it said my car's battery was 30 kWh and that it performed at 96,4% of a new Honda e. This would suggest a new battery would be about 31 kWh. The "EVNavigation" app in the Google Play Store actually lists the Honda e as "32 kWh".
Or you could believe Honda.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Trusting that PCC is giving back accurate information it shows that at 100% charge you are actually at 32kWh and not 35.5kWh so we should be safe to charge to 100% as the buffer is there. But I still try to help more and keep it at half the capacity when I can afford it.