Screen behind steering wheel shutdown

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I would not touch the 12V battery. I would just switch on the car on Ready and leave it like that for 15 minutes. It will charge the 12V battery.

GreasyWeasel

Post by GreasyWeasel »

Just a quick update if this happens to anyone else. It appears this wasn't a problem with the battery although I have very little info on what the actual fault was. According to the dealer who had been dealing with Honda Technical, they believed this was an issue with "the clocks". I have no idea what this actually means and I got the impression that the person I was dealing with didn't know either because that was all he could tell me. They needed to replace a part which wasn't available in the country or Europe for that matter and it therefore ended up having to be sent from Japan! They did admit that Honda had seen this issue (the screen behind the steering wheel specifcally, going black so you have no speedo etc) a couple of times. The part eventually arrived after a long wait and was replaced. All seems good at the moment and hopefully it won't happen again.

Just wanted to add that I love this car, it really does bring a smile to your face when you drive it and I'm still glad I got it even it it took the best part of a month to get it fixed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post