BM2 Battery Monitor

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

A quick question from a prospective owner please. I currently have a Mazda MX30 and use a CTEK 5 charger to keep the 12V topped up if I'm not using the car for a while. I've looked at the relevant section in the E manual (online) and it says that the battery should be removed to charge; can someone please confirm that it would in fact be okay to use the CTEK with the battery in situ on the E? Thanks.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Parker87 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:33 am A quick question from a prospective owner please. I currently have a Mazda MX30 and use a CTEK 5 charger to keep the 12V topped up if I'm not using the car for a while. I've looked at the relevant section in the E manual (online) and it says that the battery should be removed to charge; can someone please confirm that it would in fact be okay to use the CTEK with the battery in situ on the E? Thanks.
It’s no different to the MX30 which also states that the battery should be removed to charge.
It’s very common for people to charge a 12V battery whilst it’s still connected, whether you do is your choice.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Parker87

Post by Parker87 »

Thanks Londinium. On my head be it then! Just wondered if anybody actually does this without ill effect :?: :)
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Manuals always say that to cover the manufacturers from any claims. I can only give my own experience after 5 Civics and now a Jazz and an E. All my cars are low milage and I have always had the trickle connector cables permanently connected to the batteries for overnight charges. As long as the chargers are fully electronically protected from temp, over charge, etc etc and 4 or 5 amp max I don't see a problem, and never had one. The only problem I ever had was in the first covid wave in intensive care where as an emergency I did not have a chance to connect the charger to find a flat battery when I came out of hospital!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post