5 year service cost

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

When we were choosing small EV, we also went to see Mini SE. One of the point they mentioned as EV pro was low service fees. I was told it will be about 450 - 500 euros in 5 years.
So I asked Honda about this and they sent me this:

image001_1.jpg

I must say I'm surprised. I must check but I think we were paying way less for our Audi A5 and that's big diesel sucking car with lot of oil and filters.

What are prices in other countries?
Last edited by zemdega on Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

FMIB

Post by FMIB »

The service costs are expensive here in the UK and not very reflective of the low service cost benefits EV manufacturers go on about.
I took a 5 year service plan, I cant remember the exact cost, but something around £555 springs to mind. The cost difference to something like a Jazz/Civic with ICE was only around £50
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

FMIB wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:11 am The service costs are expensive here in the UK and not very reflective of the low service cost benefits EV manufacturers go on about.
I took a 5 year service plan, I cant remember the exact cost, but something around £555 springs to mind. The cost difference to something like a Jazz/Civic with ICE was only around £50
555 is close to 450 - 500 what was Mini number. If we take maximum of 90000 km in 5 years with Honda it will be about 2000 euros. I'm planning to drive about 50K in those 5 years so it will be less but still not even close to 500.
FMIB

Post by FMIB »

On the Honda website, its shows £695 for year 1-3 services. I think for year 4 and 5 you would be looking at around another £400-450 for the 2

I just checked and they still offer the 5 year service package which is £659 for the e and £699 for other models

Might be worth checking if they can offer a service package
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

This is what bothers me in EV reviews, when they tell you that you wont need to service an EV. The difference is only in powertrain and although it is less complex in an EV, you still get the rest of the car to service. Until something major breaks in an ICE powertrain, oil and spark plug changes are the only jobs that are not required for an EV.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

In Portugal I have have not chosen any package (why would I?) First service approximately 29€ 2nd service approx. 95€ car is currently with 45 000 kms so 130€ seems great to me. :geek:

Will probably go though my 2nd complete set of tires this end of summer and that is currently the most expensive consumable.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

FDAD wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:35 pm In Portugal I have have not chosen any package (why would I?) First service approximately 29€ 2nd service approx. 95€ car is currently with 45 000 kms so 130€ seems great to me. :geek:

Will probably go though my 2nd complete set of tires this end of summer and that is currently the most expensive consumable.

Holy cow! That's insane :shock:

I asked Honda and they promised to double check but I don't believe that it will be even close :(
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

zemdega wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:58 pm
FDAD wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:35 pm In Portugal I have have not chosen any package (why would I?) First service approximately 29€ 2nd service approx. 95€ car is currently with 45 000 kms so 130€ seems great to me. :geek:

Holy cow! That's insane :shock:

I asked Honda and they promised to double check but I don't believe that it will be even close :(
I have both receipts and videos from the visual inspections. :)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I read in a car magazine that dealerships in the Netherlands are considering (and some are already considering) charging a higher hourly rate for electric cars in order to keep their businesses afloat. 😳
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
ibiza131bikes

Post by ibiza131bikes »

Just for info only on a somewhat related topic. I was able to transfer the 5 - year service plan from the previous owner to me. The car has yet to have its 3rd service, so hope I can get 3 more services out of it yet. All I did was write to Honda UK who were super fast in sending me a revised schedule and entitlement plan. Very pleased. Could be a nice selling point for anyone who purchased one from new. Unfortunately I wasn't able to transfer the Alloy Wheel and Tyre car as they're not provided by Honda and their terms were less flexible.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post