Warrantee Claims

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

ZoeDave wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:08 pm is it really that sensitive?
Yes, its a stupid system. I have had it on the e once, and several times on the civic which uses the same setup. Park your car in an orientation where one side gets the sun more than another, or drive down the motorway where the sun is bright on one side only, it'll normally go off.

I take care to check/adjust my tyre pressures early in the morning when the sun hasn't had chance to play havoc.

I also have a slightly loose door rubber grab part. Part and parcel of being a demonstrator I guess. It doesn't help that passengers hear the door raise the window after shutting, and think they haven't shut it properly leading to another harder door shutting. Wouldn't it be nice if the last 5mm of window travel occurred at a lower speed.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

EEEE wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:34 pm
ZoeDave wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:08 pm is it really that sensitive?
Yes, its a stupid system. I have had it on the e once, and several times on the civic which uses the same setup. Park your car in an orientation where one side gets the sun more than another, or drive down the motorway where the sun is bright on one side only, it'll normally go off.

I take care to check/adjust my tyre pressures early in the morning when the sun hasn't had chance to play havoc.

I also have a slightly loose door rubber grab part. Part and parcel of being a demonstrator I guess. It doesn't help that passengers hear the door raise the window after shutting, and think they haven't shut it properly leading to another harder door shutting. Wouldn't it be nice if the last 5mm of window travel occurred at a lower speed.
Thank you - doing 60-70mph due east for approximately 20 miles on a hot and sunny afternoon fits everything you mentioned. Have to say for a 'city' car, it's absolutely great on the motorway as long as you have the range.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

ZoeDave wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:09 pm Thank you - doing 60-70mph due east for approximately 20 miles on a hot and sunny afternoon fits everything you mentioned. Have to say for a 'city' car, it's absolutely great on the motorway as long as you have the range.
I do plenty of motorway and can attest the truth to that statement.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Keyless Remote Sensor in Door pillar replaced at 22 months / 28.000 km. Took about a month for the part to arrive, absolutely painless apart from that.
SuperRocket61

Post by SuperRocket61 »

After 18 months of fault-free driving I suddenly have three issues;
- the two infotainment screens have become intermittent - flashing on and off and flickering
- the PP (parking pilot?) brake fault amber warning has come on
- the door handles don't fold flat reliably (no surprises there).

Aylesbury Honda have used a donor car to identify the display control module at fault with the screen. It has come into stock after a couple of weeks so another service visit is planned. The brake warning is new and may be connected but means that I am reluctant to drive the car now. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

UPDATE:
After waiting a couple of weeks for a new control unit all is now fixed. The PP brake fault seems to have been linked to the same unit.
Last edited by SuperRocket61 on Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keithr

Post by keithr »

The driver's door handle hasn't been folding in properly for most of this year (it worked ok during the dry summer months), then today the window started randomly going up and down (as if the door had just been closed/opened). The dealer has ordered a replacement door handle for me (this will be the second driver's door handle replacement).
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

keithr wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:52 pm The driver's door handle hasn't been folding in properly for most of this year (it worked ok during the dry summer months), then today the window started randomly going up and down (as if the door had just been closed/opened). The dealer has ordered a replacement door handle for me (this will be the second driver's door handle replacement).
I do have the handle issue occasionally and I did get the window issue a bit in the first winter (2020) but not since. As the warranty is up after 3 years - so for me in September 2023 - I should go to the dealer with some of these to get fixed whilst they're still free of charge to fix (at least free to *me*).
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

MattHero wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:32 pm
keithr wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:52 pm The driver's door handle hasn't been folding in properly for most of this year (it worked ok during the dry summer months), then today the window started randomly going up and down (as if the door had just been closed/opened). The dealer has ordered a replacement door handle for me (this will be the second driver's door handle replacement).
I do have the handle issue occasionally and I did get the window issue a bit in the first winter (2020) but not since. As the warranty is up after 3 years - so for me in September 2023 - I should go to the dealer with some of these to get fixed whilst they're still free of charge to fix (at least free to *me*).
I have no intention of ever paying for a door handle, so if mine ever needs replacing again then I can guarantee that Honda will be paying.
Simply because in court they won't have a leg to stand on, in the UK all we need to do is use our consumer rights which state that all goods should be of Satisfactory quality As Described, Fit for purpose And last a Reasonable length of Time (SAD FART).
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Speaking of door handles. Mine also started to misbehave (not retracting properly on the passenger side) after the recent very first automatic carwash (been pressure washing the car before trying to avoid focusing on the handles). The temperature after the wash was below freezing, so both handles acted a bit weirdly afterward, but the driver's handle is now perfectly fine. IMHO, with the handles innovation took one step too far turning them into a flawed gimmick rather than a useful feature. I would prefer normal properly working handles instead. To sum up, don't put water on the handles :D

Fun fact, this is the second vehicle in a row where I have handle issues with. The previous ICE Fiat 500 also had a design flaw with the handles. I had to replace the driver's side handle due to it becoming wobbly. Wanna know what the dealership's recommendation was to avoid the issue? Don't open the door by pulling it by the handle. Basically, the handles can't handle door opening :D
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

MaXPainT wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:08 am Fun fact, this is the second vehicle in a row where I have handle issues with. The previous ICE Fiat 500 also had a design flaw with the handles. I had to replace the driver's side handle due to it becoming wobbly. Wanna know what the dealership's recommendation was to avoid the issue? Don't open the door by pulling it by the handle. Basically, the handles can't handle door opening :D
I'm surprised they didn't suggest to use boot as possible entrance :lol: But seriously Italian cars and everything working never went too well together :D