Warrantee Claims

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
EEEE

Post by EEEE » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:34 pm

ZoeDave wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:08 pm
is it really that sensitive?
Yes, its a stupid system. I have had it on the e once, and several times on the civic which uses the same setup. Park your car in an orientation where one side gets the sun more than another, or drive down the motorway where the sun is bright on one side only, it'll normally go off.

I take care to check/adjust my tyre pressures early in the morning when the sun hasn't had chance to play havoc.

I also have a slightly loose door rubber grab part. Part and parcel of being a demonstrator I guess. It doesn't help that passengers hear the door raise the window after shutting, and think they haven't shut it properly leading to another harder door shutting. Wouldn't it be nice if the last 5mm of window travel occurred at a lower speed.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:09 pm

EEEE wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:34 pm
ZoeDave wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:08 pm
is it really that sensitive?
Yes, its a stupid system. I have had it on the e once, and several times on the civic which uses the same setup. Park your car in an orientation where one side gets the sun more than another, or drive down the motorway where the sun is bright on one side only, it'll normally go off.

I take care to check/adjust my tyre pressures early in the morning when the sun hasn't had chance to play havoc.

I also have a slightly loose door rubber grab part. Part and parcel of being a demonstrator I guess. It doesn't help that passengers hear the door raise the window after shutting, and think they haven't shut it properly leading to another harder door shutting. Wouldn't it be nice if the last 5mm of window travel occurred at a lower speed.
Thank you - doing 60-70mph due east for approximately 20 miles on a hot and sunny afternoon fits everything you mentioned. Have to say for a 'city' car, it's absolutely great on the motorway as long as you have the range.

FDAD

Post by FDAD » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:57 pm

ZoeDave wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:09 pm
Thank you - doing 60-70mph due east for approximately 20 miles on a hot and sunny afternoon fits everything you mentioned. Have to say for a 'city' car, it's absolutely great on the motorway as long as you have the range.
I do plenty of motorway and can attest the truth to that statement.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 50 000Kms + ✌️🎂

Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone » Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:42 pm

Keyless Remote Sensor in Door pillar replaced at 22 months / 28.000 km. Took about a month for the part to arrive, absolutely painless apart from that.