Comfort Project for my Honda e

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
mozee

Post by mozee »

After moving from BMW 5 (G30) to Honda e, the most notable change was in comfort. Mainly sound insulation and interior lighting.

So I did some research and made a plan.
  1. Covering glovebox and door pockets in felt
  2. Sound deadening interior
  3. Adding some extra lighting
Will keep updating this post further.

1. I bough some black felt made for this and here is the results.

C9404D6E-BF9F-4A1C-A897-DBBD4DBE9872.jpeg

Covered glove box in felt. Quite happy with the results, after some driving I can tell that stuff in glovebox does not rattle anymore, I don't need to stuff it fully to remove rattles.

Update 1
Last edited by mozee on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

avoid

Post by avoid »

Cool but the first picture is not visible for some reason.
What other changes are you planning?
mozee

Post by mozee »

Update 1
  • Added some sound/vibration insulation to front door panels
    Installed new front and centre speakers
So I chose to upgrade speakers to BLAM Relax (165RS for front door and 100RC for a centre).

For mounting speakers I used speaker adapters for honda from aliexpress, used a lot of foam tape and some high density anti vibration foam between metal and adapter.

For tweeters I just used some vibrofilm and jammed them into old tweeter sockets.

I also used some vibrofilm on outside door panel trough speaker hole and some extra vibrofilm on door pockets.

Here are some photos:

IMG_1484.jpeg

IMG_1482.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg

Centre speaker was a real pain and still not finished - had to cut out a lot of plastic because speaker is a lot larger than the old one

IMG_1429.jpeg

for now I just used a lot of foam everywhere and jammed that speaker into a new hole. Need to fabricate some brackets to hold the new speaker.

Over all sound quality improved a lot! I was quite surprised to hear so much change in sound quality.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post