Honda E - HDMI Always Available

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Below are disassembly pictures + Hardware needed for having HDMI available while driving.

kyonosuke.jp-20220615-0001.jpg

kyonosuke.jp-20220615-0002.jpg

kyonosuke.jp-20220615-0003.jpg

kyonosuke.jp-20220615-0004.jpg

From Instagram
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I just use the hidden menu. 20 seconds and done. Too complicated for me to change hardware.
stzrd

Post by stzrd »

Interesting, any links to where you can buy the adapter?

Also, where did you find the info for this :o
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

stzrd wrote: โ†‘Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:39 pm Interesting, any links to where you can buy the adapter?

Also, where did you find the info for this :o
This allows the JDM version to have the TV and the HDMI always available... It's compatible with ours we just don't have TV functionality in Europe.

Given that I use a spare android phone always connected to the USB port just so that I don't have to wait when I get to the car.. this will be a nice addition.

Link provided by my JP connection.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Compatible-CON ... 48&sr=8-32

Installation Video below
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + โœŒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ‚
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

In Japan, people are used to driving with the TV on all the time (everyone does that too), so it will be allowed there, but it is not allowed here (in the Netherlands).
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

iHansz wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:21 pm In Japan, people are used to driving with the TV on all the time (everyone does that too), so it will be allowed there, but it is not allowed here (in the Netherlands).
From what my source told me they can't watch it while driving (that's why this exists). They have the TV Tuner installed and Euro spec has not.
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

FDAD wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:43 pm
iHansz wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:21 pm In Japan, people are used to driving with the TV on all the time (everyone does that too), so it will be allowed there, but it is not allowed here (in the Netherlands).
From what my source told me they can't watch it while driving (that's why this exists). They have the TV Tuner installed and Euro spec has not.
In Tokyo, for example, everyone was watching TV while driving, or at least I saw moving images (cartoons) while they where driving. Could see that very well, because it was dark. Strange, isn't it?
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

iHansz wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:50 pm
FDAD wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:43 pm
In Tokyo, for example, everyone was watching TV while driving, or at least I saw moving images (cartoons) while they where driving. Could see that very well, because it was dark. Strange, isn't it?
Strange to you maybe... That's what these hacks are for.. or do you think that the Japanese market would develop a product that is not sold outside Japan and would fix a problem to them that doesn't exist... Strange, wouldn't it be?
Marmorn

Post by Marmorn »

Hello, have you tryed on your own? I'm quite interested ti try the procedure. I have a 2021 model and the procedure seems not complicated at all.
Morover the video you posted refer to this product :
stzrd

Post by stzrd »

I managed to get hold of this wiring harness from Japan last week, fitted it to my Honda e today, and I can confirm that this does NOT work. HDMI still requires the vehicle to be in park.

Iโ€™m guessing that the Japanese market Honda e has a specific TV app that this works for, but not for HDMI.

Itโ€™s a shame there is no way to permanently enable this from the diagnostic menu. Looks like it would require root access or software changes to enable this

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post