Change max charge limit remotely possible?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
RondeK

Post by RondeK »

Is there any possibility to change the max charge limit remotely? The only opportunity I see is doing in the car. I would prefer to keep the limit to 80% and to increase it a few hours before departure to 100%. Preferably via my phone. Any ideas?

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Nope.

Only way to do it is if you have a smart charger, work out how long to precharge, and set a schedule accordingly the night before. I had to do this when octopus were running their trial for reducing usage in certain times.

Luckily with only 6kw onboard charging, only the last 5% or so is rate limited (slower), which makes working out how long to run a charge for relatively simple (about an hour per ~20%).

In my experience, what I think you plan to do does extend the range for a single journey as the battery warming (and cabin warming) has taken place. When I have done this in the past I was able to get 4.9m/kwh on 17s on a single 102 mile journey, arriving with 25% remaining (although that was driving about as conservatively as you can possibly go).

The reverse journey, i charged not immediately before my departure and only achieved 4.4m/kwh.

My guess is once the ambient temperature has reached 25+ degrees for an extended period of time (a few days), then pre warming makes very little difference. Since the range is so limited, it would be nice if honda enabled smart users to really push the envelope, without having to mess around like this.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Just use the MyHonda+ app, that’s assuming that you can access it in your country.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
RondeK

Post by RondeK »

I do have the Honda+ app. Unfortunately I’ve no idea how to change the max charge limit. Any hints how to do?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

On main screen hit car logo in top right next to 3 horizontal lines, then on that page click on "manage", you'll have a text list, hit charge settings, on that page select "maximum charge" then select level you require.
Ex e owner
RondeK

Post by RondeK »

Thanks Milligoon! I’ve found it. Great.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post