CR2032 Small but essential component

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

After 2.5 years of use the battery in my Keyless Remote was dying. The warning light and alarm on the dash reminded me just how essential the keyfob is, and that small battery inside.

Unfortunately I have “mislaid” my second Keyless Remote for longer than I care to remember. Still hoping I will find it one day in my garage, house or garden. Can't have gone far*

So just thought I would suggest you invest in a spare CR2032 battery, just in case. Especially those who own early cars.

And when removing the old battery, follow the manual. Be careful how you prize it out. The keyfob construction is not that strong. It relies on double side adhesive tape. Not great.

*recently got a quote for a Spare Key - £650 approx - so I need to find mine!!!
Last edited by advance2020 on Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Thanks for the head's up on this.
Not only that the key fob needs a CR2032 of which I used my last one yesterday for an Apple AirTag, but also to check that my second key fob is still in my 'spare key' drawer.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

advance2020 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:28 am After 2.5 years of use the battery in my Keyless Remote was dying. The warning light and alarm on the dash reminded me just how essential the keyfob is, and that small battery inside.

Unfortunately I have “mislaid” my second Keyless Remote for longer than I care to remember. Still hoping I will find it one day in my garage, house or garden. Can't have gone far.

So just thought I would suggest you invest in a spare CR2032 battery, just in case. Especially those who own early cars.

And when removing the old battery, follow the manual. Be careful how you prize it out. The keyfob construction is not that strong. It relies on double side adhesive tape. Not great.
I replaced mine last October, warning on the dash, 3 days latter changed it... I didn't follow any procedure :lol: I didn't even knew there was one.. just changed it and it worked flawlessly...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Jy2020

Post by Jy2020 »

There a generic Youtube video that shows how to change:
Honda E Advance Crystal Blue 17" tyres Urban and protection pack