What should be in the boot tray?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
salix

Post by salix »

I took my Honda E Advance into the dealer after I had warning lights. They diagnosed a handbrake issue but then couldn't work on it because the locking wheel nut wasn't in the car and they didn't have a matching one in their garage (which I found odd for a dealership!). Obviously I need this anyway, for safety going forward, so I'm going to have to try to find out which one it is and get one ordered. However, at the same time, I noticed that there are a few gaps in the tray beneath the boot, where I'd expect to find it, and I wondered what else is missing? There are no wrenches, for one thing. As you can see from the photo, there's a charging cable, a tyre repair kit and the tyre repair kit bottle. And that's it (other than a fixed fuse box to the left of the tyre repair kit. Could someone tell me else is supposed to be there that I should be ordering at the same time? I spoke to the previous owner, and he genuinely wasn't aware anything was missing because he never needed to look for it - only had the car for a short time. Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-05 at 20.40.01.jpg

Advance charge yellow 16" alloys, 2020 bought used 2022

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

That's pretty much it. My locking wheel nut key was in the box that contained the locking wheel nuts, which was in the glove box.

My charging cables came in honda branded breathable bags.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

As that was a 2020 model, as far as I can remember, it would have come with the following, though not all will fit under the boot floor:
• Granny charger (3 pin plug for use at home) & bag
• Type 2 cable (for use at public chargers) & bag
• Tyre gloop
• Tyre pump
• Locking wheel nut adapter (these were a dealer fit option, so the original owner would have been given the box of 4 wheels with the adapter)
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
salix

Post by salix »

Many thanks indeed. So just the spare wheel nuts - no wrenches or anything? My last car (an old Jazz) had a bag of wrenches in the boot.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

salix wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:53 pm Many thanks indeed. So just the spare wheel nuts - no wrenches or anything? My last car (an old Jazz) had a bag of wrenches in the boot.
Why would you need 'wrenches'?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
salix

Post by salix »

I have no idea LOL! I guess I'm used to the old mindset of a spare tyre and needing to change it, but that doesn't apply anymore.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

The hole on the left looks as if it may hold a first aid kit, which is a requirement in Germany (or at least it used to be) the long bit to the rear could be for a warning triangle where that may be required.
Ex e owner
Verone

Post by Verone »

TRUNK.png

Hope this helps, this is how mine came configured.

You can fit both charging cables in the trunk floor, in the area marked.
Warning triangle goes in the long slot - this is a legal requirement in Iceland.
Mine also came with a Honda branded first aid kit and safety vest in the additional hole. Not a legal requirement in Iceland, but nice to have.

Amusingly, my car actually came with two first aid kits when I picked it up new. There was one under the trunk floor with the safety vest, and the other was just laying in the trunk, so if there's anyone in Iceland who wants one for free, give me a shout!

It's weird for me too not to have stuff like a tire iron, a towing eye, and a scissor jack in the trunk, but none of that stuff comes with the car, as you don't need it given you have a tire goo kit and compressor.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
salix

Post by salix »

Verone wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:13 pm TRUNK.png

Hope this helps, this is how mine came configured.

You can fit both charging cables in the trunk floor, in the area marked.
Warning triangle goes in the long slot - this is a legal requirement in Iceland.
Mine also came with a Honda branded first aid kit and safety vest in the additional hole. Not a legal requirement in Iceland, but nice to have.

Amusingly, my car actually came with two first aid kits when I picked it up new. There was one under the trunk floor with the safety vest, and the other was just laying in the trunk, so if there's anyone in Iceland who wants one for free, give me a shout!

It's weird for me too not to have stuff like a tire iron, a towing eye, and a scissor jack in the trunk, but none of that stuff comes with the car, as you don't need it given you have a tire goo kit and compressor.
Thank you so much - this answers all my questions! Makes perfect sense. I have warning triangles taking up valuable space in the boot itself, so I'll see if they fit - that would be handy. I realise this is off-topic, but what's it like having an EV in Iceland? I gather there's a high percentage of EVs. Is there a good network of charging stations? A quick look on Google looks like it's decent in the north and SW but I can't see any along the East coast?
salix

Post by salix »

milligoon wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:15 pm The hole on the left looks as if it may hold a first aid kit, which is a requirement in Germany (or at least it used to be) the long bit to the rear could be for a warning triangle where that may be required.
Thank you - this makes absolute sense. I'm going to start rearranging the safety stuff that I'm currently storing in the boot and making use of those empty compartments!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post