Turn lane keep assist off forever?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
irrotational

Post by irrotational »

londiniumperson wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:16 am
Verone wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:15 pm Nope, it happens even when there are no cars there, and it's the lane departure warning icon that flashes up on the dash, without the warnings illuminated under the blind spot monitor.

It's really weird behavior, and it's literally the only thing that annoys me about the car :lol:
I'm forever getting the Road Departure Mitigation System warning even on a perfect weather & road conditions, it'll regularly disables & reenables itself many times on most journeys.

Note that this is different from LKAS (Lane Keeping Assist System), which requires the use of the indicators before changing lanes.
Argh! I had tried to make sure I used the right jargon, sorry I mean name, but that might be the system I want to turn off, the road departure mitigation system!

Blind spot beeps and all of that I can live with (but agree they can be annoying). It's when it actively tries to steer into oncoming traffic that I dislike.

As one of the posters said above it regularly gets confused on country roads, and spends it's whole time sending incorrect warning messages, getting confused and turning itself off, and occasionally trying to "correct" the car into oncoming traffic.

So it's the system that does that monitoring.

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

irrotational wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:20 am
londiniumperson wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:16 am
Verone wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:15 pm Nope, it happens even when there are no cars there, and it's the lane departure warning icon that flashes up on the dash, without the warnings illuminated under the blind spot monitor.

It's really weird behavior, and it's literally the only thing that annoys me about the car :lol:
I'm forever getting the Road Departure Mitigation System warning even on a perfect weather & road conditions, it'll regularly disables & reenables itself many times on most journeys.

Note that this is different from LKAS (Lane Keeping Assist System), which requires the use of the indicators before changing lanes.
Argh! I had tried to make sure I used the right jargon, sorry I mean name, but that might be the system I want to turn off, the road departure mitigation system!

Blind spot beeps and all of that I can live with (but agree they can be annoying). It's when it actively tries to steer into oncoming traffic that I dislike.

As one of the posters said above it regularly gets confused on country roads, and spends it's whole time sending incorrect warning messages, getting confused and turning itself off, and occasionally trying to "correct" the car into oncoming traffic.

So it's the system that does that monitoring.

I turn RDM and LKAS off every time i get in the car before driving.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post