Paint on the plastic panel of the windshield

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Milooob

Post by Milooob »

Hi,

I just noticed the paint is coming off the plastic panel next to the windshield.
Doese anybody know how to fix this ? Or where i can buy the paint ?

Thankyou in advance

IMG_20230912_095122380~2.jpg

Verone

Post by Verone »

Might just be the photo, but from the look of how raggy the edges are on this, it looks like it's been in contact with something or struck by something. Do you have a clearer picture of the damage?

I've seen a few people have damage like this on other cars where they've wrecked the edge seal of their windshield, or caused damage to the bottom of their A pillar because they've replaced wiper blades with ones that were too long. Have you recently replaced yours?

Seems like a strange place to get damage, considering it's protected by the rear edge of the hood.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

This looks similar to the mark I have on my a pillar trim from when the 12v battery went flat, and the drivers window scraped it when closing the door.

On that basis, I would say that perhaps the windscreen has been replaced and they didn't bother to remove the large a pillar trim pieces (that run the whole length of the car) and scraped it lowering the glass in?

If it really is paint then I have no idea, I do not believe they are painted pieces, just pure plastic mouldings in piano black plastic (no paint).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Verone

Post by Verone »

EEEE wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:00 am This looks similar to the mark I have on my a pillar trim from when the 12v battery went flat, and the drivers window scraped it when closing the door.

On that basis, I would say that perhaps the windscreen has been replaced and they didn't bother to remove the large a pillar trim pieces (that run the whole length of the car) and scraped it lowering the glass in?

If it really is paint then I have no idea, I do not believe they are painted pieces, just pure plastic mouldings in piano black plastic (no paint).
Ahh yeah, good call, this might be it 8-)

I've seen a black e locally that has a couple of stone chips on these panels, and there's silver showing through from underneath, so I don't think they're plastic. If anything the seem like painted aluminium, but I'm not 100% sure to be honest.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:00 am This looks similar to the mark I have on my a pillar trim from when the 12v battery went flat, and the drivers window scraped it when closing the door.

Agreed, that was my initial thought, but there are also gaps in trim shown in the photo and no wiper blade so I wasn’t sure what part that was showing.
I’ve just been out to mine and the plastic is flush, therefore either someone has replaced the windscreen very badly or the scuttle trim has been off for some reason, possibly accident damage on that corner of the car?
As for fixing it, either bodge it with paint or buy a new trim piece as they are replaceable because they can be bought in black, blue or silver.
Here’s a photo of mine:

IMG_4197.jpeg

2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Did you buy your car used or new, if used then after also reading today’s post on viewtopic.php?t=919 the windscreen could well have been replaced as it appears to be an awkward process to remove the windscreen trim.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post