System & media centre software

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I've just had a nose around the Honda e software setup/versions & it looks like Honda have their own proprietary front end running an Android 8.1.0 and not surprisingly is a seperate system to the main unit in front of the driver. How do I know, well we did a system reset to remove all contact info after connecting both Android & Apple phones to the car & whilst it booted up the car range on the bottom, icons on the side etc of the 2 central displays remained during boot which wouldn't happen if it was a pure Android system. As an aside this removed the aquarium app - oops!

It also appears that app side loading can be performed as we set the system into developer mode, I suspect that this will be disabled on production cars though.

IMG_20200703_115039.jpg

IMG_20200703_115110.jpg

2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Very interesting, thank you. I wish somebody jail breaks it :) maybe the hdmi restriction can be unlocked too.
But I really wish for an obd application, at least to know the battery temperature, when friction brakes are active and instant consumption if it does not have already.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

This car is so in need of some hacking!
eread

Post by eread »

Maybe with the developer options, it might be possible to sideload something to enable Wireless Android Auto in any form. I'm so angry there is no Wireless android auto!
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

I wonder why they can't easily implement wireless Android Auto with an Android system. Especially if Apple Car Play works. Do they need a different hardware component?
Are there any special agreements with Apple and contractual constraints? A similar problem may have existed with the NFC key concept: I do have the impression that the technology is already implemented and working – but BMW has been given priority for marketing purposes...
bogga

Post by bogga »

...but do you really want wireless Android Auto, apparently it flattens the battery (of the phone) rather quickly

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/2/2089 ... patibility
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I also want wireless android auto because I don't want to overcharge my phone battery more than 70%. There is a way to do it if you have another android phone to act as a gateway, with an app called AAgateway, but it is always better to connect straight as it should be.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

In addition to the underlying Android "Oreo" OS (itself getting a bit long in the tooth now), it looks like the UI is using https://jquery.com/ , based on the information on page 366 of the user manual.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm In addition to the underlying Android "Oreo" OS (itself getting a bit long in the tooth now), it looks like the UI is using https://jquery.com/ , based on the information on page 366 of the user manual.
A good find, though it appears to only be be relevant to the Audio System as that's the section it's declared in.
Oddly there's no other software licensing info declared elsewhere that I can see, possibly because all other software is proprietary.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:28 pm
rickwookie wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:26 pm In addition to the underlying Android "Oreo" OS (itself getting a bit long in the tooth now), it looks like the UI is using https://jquery.com/ , based on the information on page 366 of the user manual.
A good find, though it appears to only be be relevant to the Audio System as that's the section it's declared in.
Oddly there's no other software licensing info declared elsewhere that I can see, possibly because all other software is proprietary.
I assumed by "Display Audio" they actually meant the entire dual-screen infotainment system.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post