System & media centre software

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

@FDAD sounds like a troll.

On the test drive both Android Auto (Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro) & Apple CarPlay (latest Apple iPhone SE) worked without an issues.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

I don't own the car yet but I am surprised by what you say.
Which phones are not working with Android Auto? New phones or old?

For the wallpaper there are some restrictions for it to work on both screens. Did you check the manual page 272? I saw a video with a personal wallpaper on both screens so it works.
There is a hack out there for other Honda models that lets you install 3rd party android apps and override the Parking lock so you can use HDMI while driving and some other things but the Honda E infotainment is different so it does not work yet. I asked the developer if he can do it for the E but he needs the car or the unit and it is impossible to get the unit. I don't think he is from Europe or Japan unfortunately.
One is from 2018 the other from 2019
I've read the manual and I it didn't work... it centers the image... in the middle of both screens.
I cannot excuse honda (or the developer.. panasonic) for a bad system like this. Lack of a simple file manager... etc...
Last edited by FDAD on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

londiniumperson wrote: ↑Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:18 pm @FDAD sounds like a troll.

On the test drive both Android Auto (Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro) & Apple CarPlay (latest Apple iPhone SE) worked without an issues.
My girl has a Xiaomi mi 8 lite... and nothing and i may be a troll but because you had no issues... it doesn't mean others don't have..tool.
When you have one for a few days/kms talk again. You lack the experience....
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Is the Xioami 8 lite using Android 10? Android 10 is more complicated and the manual mentions only up to android 9. But I don't think it means that Android 10 won't work. I cannot imagine that. For those phones that were upgraded to Android 10 you needed to have AA installed beforehand.

For the wallpaper manual says this.
The maximum image size is 4,096 Γ— 2,304 pixels. If the image size is less than 1,280 x 720, the image is displayed in the middle of the screen with the extra area appearing in black.

What size is your wallpaper?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Reuben80 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:11 am Is the Xioami 8 lite using Android 10? Android 10 is more complicated and the manual mentions only up to android 9. But I don't think it means that Android 10 won't work. I cannot imagine that. For those phones that were upgraded to Android 10 you needed to have AA installed beforehand.

For the wallpaper manual says this.
The maximum image size is 4,096 Γ— 2,304 pixels. If the image size is less than 1,280 x 720, the image is displayed in the middle of the screen with the extra area appearing in black.

What size is your wallpaper?
Yes it is (but the other phone has android 8). I've read the manual multiple times... i have 3 wide photos in the flash drive, only one gets recognized and it's 4096x1923 , and it centers in the screen. The original 10432x3840 and another one don't show up. I mean.. i put them on my phone and have plenty of resizing options... I don't think i' being too demanding here.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I see. If I had the car I would be happy to find the solution but until I get it I cannot test the best file size to work. I hope others that have the car can help you.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Reuben80 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 am I see. If I had the car I would be happy to find the solution but until I get it I cannot test the best file size to work. I hope others that have the car can help you.
I know.. it's just frustrating. Lets wait I guess.. The eCALL is not working either and Honda can't give me date estimates.
I work with multiple cars from different price points and I'm no Honda guy so I'm not brand biased. If I think it's wrong i'll say it ;)
On the positive note the bluetooth works amazing..flawless so I got that going :D
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

FDAD wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:26 am
Reuben80 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:07 am I see. If I had the car I would be happy to find the solution but until I get it I cannot test the best file size to work. I hope others that have the car can help you.
I know.. it's just frustrating. Lets wait I guess.. The eCALL is not working either and Honda can't give me date estimates.
I work with multiple cars from different price points and I'm no Honda guy so I'm not brand biased. If I think it's wrong i'll say it ;)
On the positive note the bluetooth works amazing..flawless so I got that going :D
If the ecall is not working most probably you cannot use the My Honda+ app then. Can you use the app?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

No I cannot.. no time estimates on that... and I have no voice commands available either (my merc has that for over a year now and work great). Only aha radio app and had to change the store to UK to have the aquarium app my girl just wanted it :lol: i thought that it was in english and that's why they didn't have that in PT app store.. wrong.. fully translated.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

That means that Honda still needs to finalize the contract with a Portuguese carrier for the esim. Aquarium app works via WIFI so that is why apps work. How did you change the store to the UK one? The app in the car lets you change the store? Can you even change to the Japanese one?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post