Road Departure Mitigation

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

sbullo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 am
londiniumperson wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:41 am
sbullo wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:38 am I believe Delayed is the default setting, and it's still rubbish on B roads.
When you buy one you'll notice delayed is not the default.
Try resetting your cars settings to confirm this.
I have one, and it was defaulted to Delayed, the manual also states it's the default option.
Someone must have changed mine (I'll blame one of my kids ;) ) because it was definitely not on delayed when I went through all the settings the day I picked up the car after being at the detailer, could have been them I suppose :?:
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

sbullo

Post by sbullo »

That’s good! You can set it to delayed and it will then only be slightly less irritating :lol:
Adv. 16" Wheels
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Quick note, in case others are trying to follow, and get confused. This is my recommended for B roads, country driving.

The reason we explained there are 3 settings for RDM, is that I find the “Delayed” default setting is possibly the worst option. As the car will wait until you are just about to turn into a sharp left hand bend, or as you approach a blind spot, before flashing up a White or Amber warning, and sounding an alarm, and then try to correct your steering.

So I have set my car RDM to Early (and it remains in Early) just in case I forget to disable this RDM feature, using the Safety Config screen, as soon as I set off. Because it defaults to reset RDM at Power on.

Others who are having Steering Wheel icon warnings appear on twin track, motorways etc using ACC may offer different advice.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Thanks for the advice! will give it a try over the weekend and report back results.
Adv. 16" Wheels
londiniumperson

Has anyone noticed any difference of RDM during daylight and nighttime, or dues it react the same irrespective of lighting conditions?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

CMBS and RDM should be off by default. And VSA should be completely off or have an option to do so partially if people want to. ;)

I've had ver very close calls because of RDM doing sharp turns in b roads that both cars barely pass each other. CMBS gave me almost 3 crashes as I was cruising slowly and it brake suddenly making the car behind me pissed (I would be to. A more distracted driver wouldn't expect me to break without warning)

In my thought it should be a driver configuration or at the press of the sport button they should be off, or is it a sport mode for old people?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

londiniumperson wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:01 pm Has anyone noticed any difference of RDM during daylight and nighttime, or dues it react the same irrespective of lighting conditions?
We've only done 600 miles so far and the nights are drawing in, so not too much to go on here. However last Thursday my wife was driving home from Stamford, single carraigeway, unlit, soft verges, and the car was convinced she was driving off the road when her positioning was excellent. Eventually it gave up and disabled itself. But be warned, there was a notification about 4 or 5 minutes later to say that the safety feature had been re-enabled again. Urgh!

Yeah, let's if we can convince Honda to turn the bloody thing off!
keithr

Post by keithr »

FDAD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:07 pm A more distracted driver wouldn't expect me to break without warning)
Nobody would expect you to break, but neither would they expect your car to brake without warning. ;)
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

FDAD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:07 pm CMBS and RDM should be off by default. And VSA should be completely off or have an option to do so partially if people want to. ;)

I've had ver very close calls because of RDM doing sharp turns in b roads that both cars barely pass each other. CMBS gave me almost 3 crashes as I was cruising slowly and it brake suddenly making the car behind me pissed (I would be to. A more distracted driver wouldn't expect me to break without warning)

In my thought it should be a driver configuration or at the press of the sport button they should be off, or is it a sport mode for old people?
If car behind you is getting annoyed because you braked, that car was too close in the first place.
And a distracted driver on a road with sharp turns, shouldn't have a driving license :)
londiniumperson

keithr wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:00 am
FDAD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:07 pm A more distracted driver wouldn't expect me to break without warning)
Nobody would expect you to break, but neither would they expect your car to brake without warning. ;)
You'd love it on Facebook :roll: I don't think I've ever seen a single person use the correct spelling for brake :lol: