Road Departure Mitigation

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

If you are interested in this Topic, and would like to help make a case to Honda UK, via your Dealer, please read my Draft and Comment here.
A collective effort from Owners using this Forum might help our cause. I would suggest we work together, and all act at the same time.

https://blackrocket2000.wordpress.com/2 ... -to-fault/

Road Departure Mitigation - we would like an Option to Switch it OFF

You are welcome to DM me if you prefer, or add comments on WordPress - if you are signed up.
Once agreed, I will also share on Twitter, Instagram etc. to capture some other Owners, who are not yet active here.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

bogga

Post by bogga »

Looks good!

AND after we have that fixed........... can have it so the rear screen demists at the same time as the front, since you have to plug the charging cable in the front alot of reversing happens.. so what is the point of having a lovely clear windscreen when you still to wait to clear the rear.. gah!
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

bogga wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm Looks good!

AND after we have that fixed........... can have it so the rear screen demists at the same time as the front, since you have to plug the charging cable in the front alot of reversing happens.. so what is the point of having a lovely clear windscreen when you still to wait to clear the rear.. gah!
Bogga: as Front & Rear De-Mist Buttons are side by side, surely it is not hard to press both?
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
bogga

Post by bogga »

advance2020 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:04 am
bogga wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:41 pm Looks good!

Bogga: as Front & Rear De-Mist Buttons are side by side, surely it is not hard to press both?
Sorry, I didn't explain myself, I'm talking about scheduled automatic demisting.
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

@bogga: Did you read the manual? You're after Pre-Conditioning Climate Operation Setting, starting on page 323 of the online version of the manual.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Yes I read the manual, my point is the Pre-Conditioning doesn't demist the rear window only the front. Which is an issue for a car that has the charger mounted on the front, therefore the first thing you do in the morning is reverse.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

bogga wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am Yes I read the manual, my point is the Pre-Conditioning doesn't demist the rear window only the front. Which is an issue for a car that has the charger mounted on the front, therefore the first thing you do in the morning is reverse.
Great point...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Oh I see. I wonder if Honda would be interested in a meeting to discuss ownership quirks like this. Kawasaki did this when the Z1000SX was first launched which was a great way to get feedback to them about their new machine.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

ChesterUK wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:40 am Oh I see. I wonder if Honda would be interested in a meeting to discuss ownership quirks like this. Kawasaki did this when the Z1000SX was first launched which was a great way to get feedback to them about their new machine.
That would mean that they are hearing their customers and that's not what i perceived in my trips to the dealer.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Sam Boote

Post by Sam Boote »

I totally agree with Jeffers and others. I bought a new Jazz Mk4 in September 2020 and have been nearly killed by the malfunction of the RDMS, which has a mind of its own and has a lethal tendency to pull the car into the path of oncoming traffic, especially on narrow roads where there is no room for error. I don't want the RDMS and should not be forced to accept it. At present I am having to deactivate the RDMS at the beginning of every journey, which requires several button presses, the number of which varies from one journey to the next. I would much prefer to deactivate the RDMS permanently, and I have suggested to Honda how this could be easily achieved by inserting an extra option in the menus on the centre screen. In the meantime, Honda are doing their best to wash their hands of the problem, refusing a recall, claiming that there is no problem and that they have not seen any evidence of one. I suggest that any aggrieved customers should write to Mr. Jean-Marc Streng, President, Honda UK, Cain Road, Bracknell RG1 1HL.