My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
bogga

Post by bogga »

..and people laughed at my Outlander PHEV using WiFi for remote control... at least it works* :-)

*In the house it only works at the front (so I don't need to go outside), it's does have good range outside, and it'll always work*

*as long as you have an old Android devlice lying around, and the APK's...

Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

I’ve noticed something of a trend lately.

If I hook up to an 11 kW charger, the app notifies me almost instantly with the “Your Honda e has started charging” message.

On 50 kW DC, there’s a delay of ~45 minutes.

When I do use a DC fast charger I’m generally in or near the car anyway, but I still find it hilarious. Not least when doing a 30 minute charge and then getting the notification while I’m driving...
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

After Honda's server maintenance last night I thought I'd try the app just now. Other than it incorrectly showing that the last update was an hour ago with the lights on (haven't used the car since yesterday evening) on the initial load, it DID actually update with the current status (after the usual half minute wait)!

I don't know why I should be so pleased that it's now basically working as well as it used to. It's probably a one-off anyway!
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Only update I can see, is that it *looks* like the internal temperature of the car is more accurately recorded in the app now.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Last maintence in november was followed by iOS app update next day. So maybe app update tomorrow
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

No difference for me, still only works when the car is powered up, otherwise after about 1-2 hours it goes to sleep and no longer connects.
Been like this since August.
Adv. 16" Wheels
bogga

Post by bogga »

Sousaphone wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 am I’ve noticed something of a trend lately.

If I hook up to an 11 kW charger, the app notifies me almost instantly with the “Your Honda e has started charging” message.

When I do use a DC fast charger I’m generally in or near the car anyway, but I still find it hilarious. Not least when doing a 30 minute charge and then getting the notification while I’m driving...

I wake the car up with the Ohme charger, and then use the Honda app.... The Ohme charger reacts within 1 second (this is just a device with SIM in too)
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

bogga wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:06 pm
Sousaphone wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 am I’ve noticed something of a trend lately.

I wake the car up with the Ohme charger, and then use the Honda app.... The Ohme charger reacts within 1 second (this is just a device with SIM in too)
I never thought about that, so just tried it and the car MyHonda+ app had updated the servers with the car data at the moment I requested the Ohme to start charging, so at least I got some recent data (4 mins prior to checking the app), however it still took the app an age to respond with even this 'old' date and wasn't the current info.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

rickwookie wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:52 am After Honda's server maintenance last night I thought I'd try the app just now. Other than it incorrectly showing that the last update was an hour ago with the lights on (haven't used the car since yesterday evening) on the initial load, it DID actually update with the current status (after the usual half minute wait)!

I don't know why I should be so pleased that it's now basically working as well as it used to. It's probably a one-off anyway!
Lets hope they replaced the Dial Up Modem with a Full Fat Fibre connection, but don't get your hopes up. Probably just squishing a few bugs.

B45A88A2-FD2D-431B-9EEA-032431BF52C2.jpeg

Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Turns out it WAS just a one-off.

05579C96-18CD-4C02-9441-ABEEA437484E.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post