My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

I went back to the dealer today and they changed some TCU settings etc. Finally the pin request actually worked, and I’m in.

Had to rush home so didn’t have time to try any more than that there with the dealer.

Went home, and tried the app an hour or two later, no info about the car shows on the app and doing anything like trying to get the cars location fails with an error that it can’t communicate with the car.
Except - the lock / unlock functionality actually works so obviously the app CAN communicate with the car.

Odd, I’m hoping that next time I start up the car it’ll fix the issue but who knows? Can’t be bothered to go out there now at this time of night.

BO55HDW

Post by BO55HDW »

I have had iPhone apps for Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Tesla and Jaguar.
The Honda+ app has been the most difficult to set up.
The Honda e needs to be set up with a strong wifi signal.
Even with the car having a strong wifi signal, the app is very slow to inform you what you want to know.
Great car, but Honda need to improve the Honda+ app.
They should be able to improve it with updates.
Hopefully they will, and soon...!
bogga

Post by bogga »

BO55HDW wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:45 pm I have had iPhone apps for Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Tesla and Jaguar.
The Honda+ app has been the most difficult to set up.
The Honda e needs to be set up with a strong wifi signal.
Even with the car having a strong wifi signal, the app is very slow to inform you what you want to know.
Great car, but Honda need to improve the Honda+ app.
They should be able to improve it with updates.
Hopefully they will, and soon...!
I had no WiFi when I set mine up.. So not that, for Android anyway.
BO55HDW

Post by BO55HDW »

bogga, I don't know anything about Android...!
All the other apps I have had, open quickly, and you can see what you want to, in a few seconds...
I have just timed my Honda+ app and it took 24 seconds to fully open...
To get my Honda+ app to work properly, I have had fitted an outside aerial antenna adjacent to where I park my Honda e, to improve the wifi strength.
I have parked a Tesla, a Jag I Pace, a Mercedes, a Taycan and a BMW, in the same spot where I am parking the Honda e.
And all of the apps have worked very well...
I think Honda dealers should complain to Honda about the Honda+ app.
It surely can be improved with updates...!
They can make great cars, but not app's...!
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

BO55HDW wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:43 am To get my Honda+ app to work properly, I have had fitted an outside aerial antenna adjacent to where I park my Honda e, to improve the wifi strength.
I had assumed the car communicated via its built in SIM rather than using Wi-Fi? For example it seemed that if I was to go to the shops and park, I ought to be able to see the cars battery status using the app?

Or is it only detailed information over Wi-Fi but simple commands like lock/unlock and turn on climate control etc that can be done by cellular network data?
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

Just opened the app and suddenly it seems to be working:

DB76D3B2-B20D-47D5-B37C-D166BE2B2F65.jpeg

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

NewCode wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:14 am Just opened the app and suddenly it seems to be working:

DB76D3B2-B20D-47D5-B37C-D166BE2B2F65.jpeg
I'd take "working" in the loosest possible sense. I bet it's not 21 °C in your car. :lol:
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

BO55HDW wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:43 am To get my Honda+ app to work properly, I have had fitted an outside aerial antenna adjacent to where I park my Honda e, to improve the wifi strength.
I doubt it's using WiFi at all though. I can force my e to connect to my WiFi when I'm in it parked at home, but it's a struggle. It's more likely to always be using the Vodafone mobile network.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:37 am
I doubt it's using WiFi at all though. I can force my e to connect to my WiFi when I'm in it parked at home, but it's a struggle. It's more likely to always be using the Vodafone mobile network.
The car uses the eSIM to communicate, not WiFi.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:35 am
I'd take "working" in the loosest possible sense. I bet it's not 21 °C in your car. :lol:
Actually it’s now showing 24, which given the sun is beating down on the car may be accurate, but from what others have said, probably not.

Most numbers looks sensible now. One other number that shows “??” is the cars total distance driven, but that’s hardly an important one to see remotely.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post