My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Have received this email from Honda today.
A bit strange, because it was working with iOS14, then it wasn't as we all reported here. Then it returned on Tuesday, and my App works today.

What is going on?

Have others received similar responses?
Does anyone else have the App working now on iOS14 or Android 11?

DA88D40D-C92F-4591-B334-35DAA8C0C2BA.png

Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Works on my iPhone with ios14. The OS isn’t the problem. ;-)
And when I say works i mean can log in and see the status of the car the last time I drove it. Not real time etc.
Last edited by sbullo on Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adv. 16" Wheels
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Its down for me right now! Was working fine this morning!
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Working - right now - for me on A11.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

First time I have seen anything 'official' from Honda acknowledging ANY issues!! Well done for that.
My app reports, but erroneously as before i.e. lights shown as 'on' when they are not, car shown as unlocked etc. All compatible with pet theory it only fully reports status and acceptance of instructions when 'Power' aka 'Ignition' is switched on which is totally useless for remote operation.
Will be interesting to see how migration to iPhone 12 is implemented over the weekend!!
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

Again, it worked this morning and that I am charging it stopped working. I am stuck in a login-loop.

One wonders if they do development testing on a production environment.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

advance2020 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:47 pm Have received this email from Honda today.
A bit strange, because it was working with iOS14, then it wasn't as we all reported here. Then it returned on Tuesday, and my App works today.

What is going on?

They clearly don’t have a scooby.

I had a quick look at my next door neighbours Tesla app the other day - wow, that’s how it COULD be done, practically real-time.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 pm
advance2020 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:47 pm Have received this email from Honda today.

What is going on?

I had a quick look at my next door neighbours Tesla app the other day - wow, that’s how it COULD be done, practically real-time.
I wonder if the App we are using has been developed for European market, and hence differs from the one they use in Japan?
I doubt that Japanese owners would tolerate poor connectivity. I will make some enquiries via Instagram, as I have Jap Follower there.

The App seemed to go offline around lunchtime today. I even managed to prompt a response from Honda UK via twitter. But it was up and running again by the time I got home. Not a lot of use, so I replied to Honda UK tweet - we need it reliable 24/7 - otherwise why go thru the hassle of even Logging In.

This is the screen that I kept getting at lunchtime today. Every time I “logged in” and it tried to Validate my Device it returned me to this, which is presumably the very Front End. Very strange. If we were paying for this App maybe we could sue Honda.

566359DA-6C06-4FAF-961E-6DB9226AD1ED.jpeg

Last edited by advance2020 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:39 pm
rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 pm

What is going on?

I wonder if the App we are using has been developed for European market, and hence differs from the one they use in Japan?
I doubt that Japanese owners would tolerate poor connectivity. I will make some enquiries via Instagram, as I have Jap Follower there.
Good plan.

I don't think there's anything much up with the connectivity as such though, it's just that I think Honda are using this as their central server:

pict0088.jpg

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Hahaha

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post