My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:46 pm
advance2020 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:39 pm
rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:43 pm

They clearly don’t have a scooby.

I had a quick look at my next door neighbours Tesla app the other day - wow, that’s how it COULD be done, practically real-time.
I wonder if the App we are using has been developed for European market, and hence differs from the one they use in Japan?
I doubt that Japanese owners would tolerate poor connectivity. I will make some enquiries via Instagram, as I have Jap Follower there.
Good plan.

I don't think there's anything much up with the connectivity as such though, it's just that I think Honda are using this as their central server:

pict0088.jpg
Yes Rick, perhaps it's all part of their design - a retro Customer Experience?
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

MyHonda+ app performs on iPhone12 Pro - as it did before - poorly, erratically and incorrectly. Just thought you might like to know!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

kbjpick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 am MyHonda+ app performs on iPhone12 Pro - as it did before - poorly, erratically and incorrectly. Just thought you might like to know!
Admit it, that was just showing off your new iPhone. :lol:
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Nope - just hoping buying a new phone would make the MyHonda+ app work

Aw - ok - you are right - shallow as always 😶
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

kbjpick wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:46 am MyHonda+ app performs on iPhone12 Pro - as it did before - poorly, erratically and incorrectly. Just thought you might like to know!
Did you have to do anything special? Or will iOS transfer everything, including the MyHonda + login data, to the new one? Mine will be here in a week or so.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

I made a peer-to-peer transfer from iPhone XS to iPhone 12 to essentially 'mirror' one phone to the other - seamless transfer for all functionality other than the MyHonda+ app which still a major disappointment.
Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

SwissChris wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:56 pm You can turn the feedback display off rickwookie. Here is how (use on your own risk):

1. Put the vehicle into "ready to drive" mode.
2. Set the temperature condition to "Lo", and put the buttons for vent mode position and air recirculation in the mode as in the pic attached.
3. Switch the Climate control system OFF.
4. Switch the vehicle in OFF mode.
5. Press and hold both the vent mode position button and the air recirculation button.
6. Put the vehicle into "ready to drive" mode (keep the buttons pressed).
7. Keep the buttons pressed until "19.0" is shown in the AC display (first, "31.0" is shown).
8. Release the buttons.

To switch the feedback display back on, the steps are identical, just set the temperature condition to "Hi" in step 2 and release the buttons when "31.0" is shown in step 7.

This way it worked in my car.
SwissChris, big thank you! This feedback display has annoyed me from day 1. Why it's not possible to do this via the user menu is really strange.
CSX

Post by CSX »

I downloaded the app and successfully registered an account with Honda when I picked up my E two weeks ago. I was unable to get the PIN though when I tried to connect to the car. Today, have just had the telemetry reset by the dealer. However, I cannot get past the Honda + app login loop - the dealer said they would ask Honda about this. Had the car all day today! I have since updated iOS, deleted and reinstalled the app and no change whatsoever. Any advice on how to get past this stage?

9682A40E-842D-4E5E-86AA-D5CD3EEEE32E.png

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Contact the Honda UK help line and they will put you thru to the app support team.
They will log a case.
Pace is not their forte but they did fix my connection
CSX

Post by CSX »

Thanks Joolsdc, emailed them yesterday but may follow up tomorrow with a call.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post