My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Greyed out ICON. Others have asked me to check and post image of “Connected to TCU” screen. While I have no idea what this means, my Icon is greyed out, and yet the App connects ok (accept that I can't login in to the App today!

Isn't technology wonderful. At least I can make a cup of tea and enjoy other stuff.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

advance2020 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:59 pm Not certain, but it seems to be related to Bluetooth Audio menu. Others might confirm. So I assume you need Bluetooth On, which is probably the default when to pick up your car.
When you connect a phone via Bluetooth the phones status is shown in addition to that of the car's.
The first image is of only the car's data connection.
The second image is of the car's and your phone status (battery, signal strength & Bluetooth)

I'm reasonably sure that unless you have a white and not grayed out TCU icon you won't be able to connect or register the app to the car. Hopefully this will become clearer when I'm at the dealer on Wednesday.

@advance2020 Didn't your mention that you live in an area of poor mobile phone coverage?
Last edited by londiniumperson on Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
londiniumperson

advance2020 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:07 pm Have had no luck with the My Honda+ app today, so much so that I have reported to Connected Services Support. Have others had issues? I normally Open App and Login using Fingerprint ID but it would not accept. Continued to try to Login with ID and passwd and have had no luck whatsoever. Have Deleted App and Downloaded from AppStore. Still no luck. Have also tried the same on my iPad. So I have given up. It simply will not Valid My Device.
Welcome to my world :D
You either need your account reset by the MyHonda+ team or create a new account with a different email address. Then re-register your phone to the car.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

If anyone is still stressing over getting their car to connect to this App, don't worry. I have come to the conclusion that it is not worth the effort. Although I can connect the App to my car (although that should read I could) it is hardly worth it.
This is my Review of the My Honda+ app on AppStore today.
Honda have let us down again. Very poor.

43EF58E6-60AD-45FB-AA29-EFC1EDBEE74C.png

Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

....and I'm currently at the dealer waiting for the TCU to be sorted.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Been trying for several weeks to get App to stay connected - picking up car tomorrow - we shall see what dealer says! Maybe make sale condition of a connection?
londiniumperson

I'm heading down tomorrow to try again to get the app sorted.
Mobile phone coverage is poor at my home address so I'm not sure if the Honda assistant will work without the app/car pairing because it certainly doesn't work yet. I've already paid the £49 when the pairing initially connected but never completed, so if not and the app if as flaky as it appears then I'll be after a refund on it.
Though I'll see how things pan out tomorrow before I start pushing back on the matter.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Interestingly - depending on your definition, obviously - despite the TCU status showing grey at the dealer and them being unable to resolve it, once I'd connected the phone to Android Auto etc, the TCU status was showing as active. Sure this didn't mean the H+ app showing anything other than "Something went wrong" on VIN entry, but it's maybe more complex to check than just TCU status colour?
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Spoke to my dealer today, they have managed to get it working in a Jazz they have just delivered, so hopefully they'll know what they are doing with my He? Did talk about setting TCU in to normal from eSim, then it'll take 24 hours to be activated in my app.

As I've not poked about in the app i haven't upset anything?
Ex e owner
londiniumperson

After about 2 hours at the dealer this morning the app is still not sorted.
I spoke to the technician and I have for the first time seen the white TCU icon (though at home it's greyed out, possibly due to lack of mobile signal or possibly because it's a red herring after all.

The tech told me that he followed the process using his laptop to the letter regarding setting up my car but it failed towards the end as every other time that he has tried. He is still awaiting a callback from the MyHonda+ team and once he can get the demo car working with the app here be in touch with me.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post