My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

I still don't have App working on phone - an essential precursor before connecting to car! I have posted question elsewhere to see if issue isolated to those of us with iPhones as opposed to Android units. Has anyone got MyHonda+ app working on an iPhone?

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Yes. Did have it working fine initially on iPhone7 although I have now deleted the App. Don't think the issue is with your phone or iOS. The App is not fully developed, unreliable. It often crashed when I opened it, and tried to Login with Fingerprint ID.

One of the main issues for me, when I’m at home and our garage is remote from house, is that we have rubbish mobile reception. So my car could not connect.

But when I was out, and the App was unable (unwilling) to Validate my Device it was the last straw. Hence poor review on AppStore. And Connected Services have failed to either acknowledge or reply to my emails.

No point phoning them to get App reset, as it will only fall over again. The App adds more hassle than benefit. So I have binned it.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

advance2020 - Thanks for that - I think!
bogga

Post by bogga »

On this awful experience that some people are having with the app, does it come under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, in particular the Goods to be fit for particular purpose. Is the App tied to the 'e' in that you can ask for your money back on the car because the app doesn't work?

Or to put it another way, does the dealer have to fix it, or can they just say bugger off, there is nothing wrong with car.
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

bogga wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:28 pm On this awful experience that some people are having with the app, does it come under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, in particular the Goods to be fit for particular purpose. Is the App tied to the 'e' in that you can ask for your money back on the car because the app doesn't work?

Or to put it another way, does the dealer have to fix it, or can they just say bugger off, there is nothing wrong with car.
No, you didn’t buy the app. And if something is broken you’re not automatically entitled to a refund. You need to give the supplier a chance to rectify any issues.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

bogga wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:28 pm On this awful experience that some people are having with the app, does it come under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, in particular the Goods to be fit for particular purpose. Is the App tied to the 'e' in that you can ask for your money back on the car because the app doesn't work?

Have a read of the this from WhatCar (other websites provide similar information):
https://www.whatcar.com/news/your-legal ... r%20faulty.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Just had an email from my dealer that they believe they have a fix via the ticket they raised with Honda and asking for me to pop in to have that fix applied. So good news potentially (and another thumbs up for my proactive dealer to getting in touch without me having to chase).
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

MattHero wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:28 pm Just had an email from my dealer that they believe they have a fix via the ticket they raised with Honda and asking for me to pop in to have that fix applied. So good news potentially (and another thumbs up for my proactive dealer to getting in touch without me having to chase).
TCU now connected and the app has at least allowed me to complete the sign up/PIN process etc. Now to try and find out why the subscriptions list is blank (i.e. there are *none* to choose from).
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Starting to get the impression that they didn't do a lot of QA testing on the app. Or real world testing, or any testing.... :lol:
I've emailed the connected services team, again, to remind them I emailed them on the 22nd Aug, and phoned Honda support twice, and I've still not had any response.
Adv. 16" Wheels
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Screenshot_20200910-175517.png

Screenshot_20200910-175506~2.png

Ok, I'm not sure what I've done wrong here, but having paired and having the car in my garage, I don't seem to even have the option of adding the core subscription?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post