My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:37 pm Now I get this when starting the app:

131B0986-3C65-4B47-BB74-0C4EE347FA9C.png

IBM…
Same, after updating. Not sure if it’s related though.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I didn't think that the could make the app worse, but they have.

After logging into the app earlier today after the update, I wen to access it again using the fingerprint option & I had to logout to log back in again.
It seems Honda want to discourage use of the app as much as possible.

Ah!
I see, the servers are down as I'm getting the same oauth2redirect message like others have.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Slate

Post by Slate »

Severs seem to be back

Successfully logged back in the app now
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Was away this week and missed all the upgrade fun you were having…
Just upgraded and all working well and app seems to be much faster than before which is a strange sensation!?
Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

Sorry I take that back!
I have a lively imagination!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Well from launching the app now the “Loading Your Data” step is actually near instant now, so hopefully that’s an improvement. There was never any excuse for this step taking so long, since it is only between phone and server.

Can’t comment on the speed of data retrieval from the car since that’s still broken.

I chased Honda yesterday for an update since it was last Thursday (after I chased them previously) that I’d got a standard “very sorry we’ll update you when we have more information” response, and it had been a week with no update. Anyway they replied today and I got an almost identically worded non-update stating they’d update me when they have more information.

Appalling.

I’ve now copied in the stealer in and I’m going to forward all further communications to them too. It’s far easier for me to badger them, and to be honest it’s really their responsibility to get this sorted since it’s them we bought the car from.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:56 am ...
I’ve now copied in the stealer in and I’m going to forward all further communications to them too. It’s far easier for me to badger them, and to be honest it’s really their responsibility to get this sorted since it’s them we bought the car from.
Pointless if the dealer does nothing, but then maybe you know one that actually follows up on reported issues.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Yeah but if I'm going to start badgering someone, it may as well be them.

Fwiw they've not even acknowledged my email yet, so good start!
Diego RS2

Post by Diego RS2 »

RCH wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:21 am If you read specs on the e, it charges at 6.6 kWh under AC (Type 2) or 33.x kWH with the additional DC CCS charger. Can’t charge any faster.
Diego RS2 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 pm Hi to everyone

I'm writing from Italy. Unfortunately I bought my Honda E last month and retired it last Monday... but I read this forum only now...

The car was fantastic for the first days, but now I know why I didn't bought others japanese cars in my life.
They are liars.
The fast charge didn't work on 100 kW, maybe lower then a half, so many other little stupid things, and now this big problem with app my Honda+

I try some different electric cars and I'm falling in love with Honda, and don't check all the specs...
NO, in the book honda write 6,6 kW to AC and 100 kW DC, but in my real life the car accept 7.2 kW AC 230V 1 phase, and maybe25/30 kW in DC. And it's not correct.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Diego RS2 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:01 pm
RCH wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:21 am If you read specs on the e, it charges at 6.6 kWh under AC (Type 2) or 33.x kWH with the additional DC CCS charger. Can’t charge any faster.
Diego RS2 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:42 pm Hi to everyone

I'm writing from Italy. Unfortunately I bought my Honda E last month and retired it last Monday... but I read this forum only now...

The car was fantastic for the first days, but now I know why I didn't bought others japanese cars in my life.
They are liars.
The fast charge didn't work on 100 kW, maybe lower then a half, so many other little stupid things, and now this big problem with app my Honda+

I try some different electric cars and I'm falling in love with Honda, and don't check all the specs...
NO, in the book honda write 6,6 kW to AC and 100 kW DC, but in my real life the car accept 7.2 kW AC 230V 1 phase, and maybe25/30 kW in DC. And it's not correct.
Maybe start a new topic on d.c. charger rate, or contribute to one of the existing ones. This long thread already has a habit of drifting off topic. Cheers.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post