My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Thank you, rickwookie!

Has anyone in the cohort where the communication between the car and the Honda server has been down for a good three weeks actually been able to use the digital key?

Highanddry

Post by Highanddry »

The app is still working with me (did not have the complete malfunction over the last weeks) and is started up a bit quicker than before BUT:

- Vehicle location and load status, in the top part you can see the correct loading status and location, but then if you press in the main vehicle menu on vehicle location it disappears for a long time and then says cannot find location, screenshot below, that was no issue before the update,
- The lock status of windows and doors is not always fitting the real status, and fixing via the app is not always possible, also that has appeared as an issue after the update,
- The Digital Key application seems to be stuck as still pending, see separate thread.

EE05B561-A041-4C96-9D56-0F6CBEF25D29.jpeg

Stiwaz

Post by Stiwaz »

I updated the app today. I am on day 22 of no connection with my honda. But i got a new error today, with date and time.

4857CD30-5AE2-4C44-B81A-FC4D926BD0D4.jpeg

06/05/2021 06:09pm
Same time as others with same problem?
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

App works fine (accepts the digital key thing). Car is even in underground parking garage, but strong 5G network here.

EFDB8A21-B9C7-442B-809F-0534A13883FA.jpeg

Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

iHansz wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:38 pm App works fine (accepts the digital key thing). Car is even in underground parking garage, but strong 5G network here.

Pronker !

= ]
Designerroger

Post by Designerroger »

Hey guys,

Have had my Honda e for some while now. This month I’ve had problems connecting to it. Its like the app aint working with the car anymore. Purchased the digital key plan but my app is still the same as before. As you can see on the images, its 25 days since last i got a connection with the car. Anyone else has this problem?! Im lost on what todo here?

I’ve tried to stay in the car with the car turned on. I’ve tried to move the car around to see if that would fix it. But no luck. Tried to factory reset the car and deleted the app on my IPhone and redownloaded whitout any luck.

EDF87AA4-9C3B-41AD-98FA-7093E2CE0E52.jpeg

70E40358-AC9C-44DC-91A2-5F1FA9989438.jpeg

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Designerroger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 am Hey guys,

Have had my Honda e for some while now. This month I’ve had problems connecting to it. Its like the app aint working with the car anymore. Purchased the digital key plan but my app is still the same as before. As you can see on the images, its 25 days since last i got a connection with the car. Anyone else has this problem?! Im lost on what todo here?

I’ve tried to stay in the car with the car turned on. I’ve tried to move the car around to see if that would fix it. But no luck. Tried to factory reset the car and deleted the app on my IPhone and redownloaded whitout any luck.
Yes, that is a problem that many here have. Honda (or "Honda Connected Services") knows about it. Until now, people were always put off with the new version of the app. As we now know, this did not lead to a solution. I suspect they don't know what the problem is. It obviously concerns the communication between the vehicle and the server. Since the server is presumably the same for all Honda cars, the problem must lie with the respective vehicles or the communication unit installed in them.

I'll wait another week (the problem will have existed for over a month), then we'll probably take the vehicle to Honda for repair.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Designerroger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 am ....
deleted the app on my IPhone and redownloaded whitout any luck.
That could well be why, deleting the app then requires the eSIM connection to be re-established between the app and car, so you might well need the Connected Services team to remove the pairing on the servers before it will work with the re-downloaded app.
Are you using the same email as you had used in the original set-up when you first picked up the car?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:46 am
Designerroger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 am ....
deleted the app on my IPhone and redownloaded whitout any luck.
That could well be why, deleting the app then requires the eSIM connection to be re-established between the app and car, so you might well need the Connected Services team to remove the pairing on the servers before it will work with the re-downloaded app.
Are you using the same email as you had used in the original set-up when you first picked up the car?
There is no direct connection between the TCU (that uses the eSIM) and the app. Well, actually there may be now, with the Bluetooth unlocking feature, but that’s another story. The TCU communicates with the Honda servers, as does the app. This is why you can “invite” other drivers who have their own login to the app but there’s no additional setup needed. The initial pairing using the code (and the reconfirmation you need to do every six months) is all about pairing the car with your account on the server.
If you delete and re-install the app, you just re-login (something the app seems to force sporadically anyway) using the same credentials as before.
Designerroger

Post by Designerroger »

RAL7004 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am
Designerroger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 am Hey guys,

Yes, that is a problem that many here have. Honda (or "Honda Connected Services") knows about it. Until now, people were always put off with the new version of the app. As we now know, this did not lead to a solution. I suspect they don't know what the problem is. It obviously concerns the communication between the vehicle and the server. Since the server is presumably the same for all Honda cars, the problem must lie with the respective vehicles or the communication unit installed in them.

I'll wait another week (the problem will have existed for over a month), then we'll probably take the vehicle to Honda for repair.
Guess ill just wait a week more and see if it gets fixed then? I really want the app to work, and the keyless function :/ Maybe it gets activated tomorrow on Monday, but still useless if i cant connect to my car :shock:
And londiniumperson, i have reinstalled the app alot of times and that has'nt made it so the connection to my car has been lost. I guess its linked to my account and not the app itself.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post