My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

renedekat. re above - you say "....you can lock/unlock it and pre-heat. "

I can't and never have been able to!

Appositely, I had an em from Honda this morning 31/12/20 which I include IN PART -
"Our My Honda+ team have investigated and are not seeing any activity from the device. They did not find any session attempts. Device is attached but no data session attempts are seen. Other Vodafone users are having no issues with the app at this time."

I have responded IN PART - "whilst I thank you for your correspondence, I would respond by advising that since commissioning in September 2020, there have been NO instances when this app has demonstrated FULL two way communication - i.e a command from the remote app and a response from the car with an update to the remote app!

Your information is incorrect.

If you read the protracted correspondence I have provided to your organisation you will ascertain that whilst the car does advise the app of connection of power; removal of power; current state of charge and mileage travelled together with recent journeys, it neither provides a correct status of the windows and doors nor will it respond to commands!

None of the above is consistent with your statement -"They did not find any session attempts. Device is attached but no data session attempts are seen."

Honda's response to this issue has been abysmal and is reflected in the MANY adverse comments communicated via social media.

I agree the car is fine, but the intransigence of Honda in this matter gives rise to concern there are, as yet, undiscovered similar software issues awaiting discovery?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

For anyone in the UK wishing to complain, I'd suggest using the Resolver website:
https://www.resolver.co.uk/
to make a formal complaint.
I have myself recently done just this and Honda UK have acknowledged it and I'm now awaiting their reply.
Complaining via the Honda Connected Services team gets no response, as I have discovered by stating that I want to make a formal complaint both by phone and email.
I have used the Resolver service before and has many advantages, namely, sends the complaint to the correct department, keeps a record of communications and gives timelines as to when to expect replies as well as easy escalation within the company.
There's no guarantee that you'll get the answers you want but at least it's free and you've made your opinion known to the relevant customer service team.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

My car goes to sleep.

Several times when not using the car the app won't connect until powering on the car fully.

It's been unconnectable for over 2 days, I have just gone out to the car powered it up and now the app connects, I'll be seeing how long it takes for it to go uncommunicative again. No my car isn't plugged in.

No much use when you want to check the state of the battery and internal temperature etc if you actually have to wake the car up.

I wonder if it's to do with the state of the 12v battery?
Ex e owner
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Further to my post of 31/12 above - Honda have to day 5/12/21 responded

" An issue has been identified in this regard and our experts are hard at work in an effort to remedy the situation. We will contact you at once, as soon as an update becomes available. Your understanding and patience is greatly appreciated"

Credit where it is due, to Honda Connected Service Support?

I wait with bated breath for a vaccination!

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

kbjpick wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:54 pm Credit where it is due, to Honda Connected Service Support?
Nah. I’d wait ‘till they actually fix something.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:53 pm My car goes to sleep.

Several times when not using the car the app won't connect until powering on the car fully.

It's been unconnectable for over 2 days, I have just gone out to the car powered it up and now the app connects, I'll be seeing how long it takes for it to go uncommunicative again. No my car isn't plugged in.

No much use when you want to check the state of the battery and internal temperature etc if you actually have to wake the car up.

I wonder if it's to do with the state of the 12v battery?
That’s exactly the issue I have, and ours IS plugged in, so that’s not the reason. See my video from this post: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=269&start=200#p6753
555djx

Post by 555djx »

As I am still within 30 days of subscribing I have, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, requested a refund of the £39 I paid as the App is not fit for purpose. I am no longer willing to keep wasting my time trying to get the App to connect to my car and provide updated information.
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

555djx wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 am As I am still within 30 days of subscribing I have, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, requested a refund of the £39 I paid as the App is not fit for purpose. I am no longer willing to keep wasting my time trying to get the App to connect to my car and provide updated information.
What did you have to pay £39 for?
555djx

Post by 555djx »

rickwookie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:27 am
555djx wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 am As I am still within 30 days of subscribing I have, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, requested a refund of the £39 I paid as the App is not fit for purpose. I am no longer willing to keep wasting my time trying to get the App to connect to my car and provide updated information.
The invoice says My Honda+ Core Connectivity Service Electronically Supplied Services, £32.50 plus VAT, it’s an annual fee. It’s complimentary for the first named owner (me), second user (my wife) a charge of £39.
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22
Man-e

Post by Man-e »

555djx wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:09 pm
rickwookie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:27 am
The invoice says My Honda+ Core Connectivity Service Electronically Supplied Services, £32.50 plus VAT, it’s an annual fee. It’s complimentary for the first named owner (me), second user (my wife) a charge of £39.
You mentioned previously you bought an ex-demo, so the Honda dealer would have been the first registered owner.
So the £39 is because you are the second owner, not your wife, she will be just an invited driver, of which you can have 5 per account at any one time.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post