My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

iPhone app is out in version 4.12.2, which claims to contain bug fixes. Can’t say that I notice any immediate difference yet.

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

rickwookie wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:33 pm
advance2020 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:40 pm ...Hence why it takes so long, even with good 4G connection to phone & car. And of course it is gathering a lot of information each time. Security, Charging, Climate, Journeys, Location etc.
Oh come on.
There are four doors, a tailgate and bonnet - so that's 6 bits of data. Let's be generous and say it needs a whole byte.
Four bits for the windows.
Charging - perhaps one or two bytes.
Climate - again a couple of bytes, were it to actually relay any useful information anyway (see: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=461)
Journeys - I assume they're relayed to the server as and when they occur, not stored on the car's system only to be relayed when you use the app.
Location - This could take a while, if the car has to get a GPS fix from nothing each time you use the app, however "Car Locator" is only a thing once you click on it in the app - another half minute wait! :lol:

This is a tiny amount of data that any modern phone and 4G connection could deliver in milliseconds. It takes the best part of a minutes sometimes.
I'm sure you are right Rick - there are times when I try to be generous and understanding with Honda - and times when I have been seriously pissed off! Lowering expectations, helps to lower my Blood Pressure...
Interesting Comments here from those who have had Porsche, Mercs and other car Apps.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

MattHero wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:48 pm
MattHero wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 am Update: I did a phone upgrade yesterday and with both phones active, adding the second app creates a simple alert on the original device, which you just have to acknowledge (then you can factory reset the original without issues). Both A11 devices, no idea on iOS I'm afraid.
Obviously, with this app there are always going to be surprises and after a happy 5 days on the new phone with everything working, it's now stuck on the validating device stage and dumps you back at the "we could not log you in" error. So another email to Connected Services - who had assured me this process was as easy as described above - to see if they can resolve.

It's not great is it?
10 days later and Connected Services have reset the multifactor authentication on the app and once again it is active. Or rather as they say "We have once more reset the multifactor authentication on your account" which is just a touch passive aggressive, since at no point have a messed up my account details. But still, I might be a oversensitive by this stage.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

E101B1EA-F46F-412D-B350-45E8DC2CAB56.png

Anyone using iOS14?
Latest version of App doesn’t want to play today.
How many times have we been here before?

Logged with Connected Services, as I received another Developer Response from Apple.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

advance2020 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:41 am Anyone using iOS14?
Latest version of App doesn’t want to play today.
How many times have we been here before?

Logged with Connected Services, as I received another Developer Response from Apple.
Same problem here! :evil:
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Same here.
However, the app used to "work" with iOS 14.0.1 (i.e. not the version 14.1 announced yesterday) until this morning.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Yup, I'm back there too. Android 9.

Trying to log a ticket with Honda connected services now.
Last edited by bogga on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Same here. Honda should give us all packages for free for at least three years as we are alpha/beta testing their app!
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Free? We don't even have it here in PT.... (the preorder said it was a functioning app)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

My app was failing earlier but it is working now. Guess they had some kind of server issue.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post