My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
bogga

Post by bogga »

Sousaphone wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:03 pm Apart from the loading/contact the car times being ridiculous, my app actually works flawlessly and has from day one. <insert unicorn emoji here>

Then again, I did read up on everything here, and didn't try to activate anything but the base package first. My dealer decided to make that standard procedure for the next customers...
Same for me

NewCode

Post by NewCode »

It’s good to know that I ever actually get past the bit where my phone won’t send the pin to the car (or the car won’t receive it, who knows) then I’ve still got a lot of rubbish to deal with. Sigh.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Sousaphone wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:03 pm Apart from the loading/contact the car times being ridiculous, my app actually works flawlessly and has from day one. <insert unicorn emoji here>

Then again, I did read up on everything here, and didn't try to activate anything but the base package first. My dealer decided to make that standard procedure for the next customers...
I wish I had remembered to do it when I picked up my car. Funnily enough, they haven't even mentioned the app once during the whole ordeal acquiring the vehicle. Maybe they don't know about it, or they know it's so fucked they hope the customer doesn't know about it.

It's pretty front and center on the webpage though..

Now I just have to find the time to go back there and get it set up.
MartinC

Post by MartinC »

I'm now on square minus 1. My 'e' is no longer able to contact message/update server so even though the app was reset I can't now send a PIN to the car. Honda support in Bulgaria are unable to fix it so screen grabs and dash photos have been sent to Japan.
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

I spoke too soon. The security pack is still pending activation after almost two days.
bogga

Post by bogga »

advance2020 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:03 pm Not sure that our setup will help answer your response time question. Basically it's slow (when it connects) but that is due poor mobile reception. When I'm away from the house, and have good 4G I will test response time.
Still slow on WiFi for me
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

I sometimes have the feeling – at least on the iPhone – that this is a web app and not a native piece of software.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:17 pm I sometimes have the feeling – at least on the iPhone – that this is a web app and not a native piece of software.
Clearly the App on your phone is just the UX interface. The work is being done remotely, and the software has to connect to your car, and relay the data back. Hence why it takes so long, even with good 4G connection to phone & car. And of course it is gathering a lot of information each time. Security, Charging, Climate, Journeys, Location etc.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

advance2020 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:40 pm ...Hence why it takes so long, even with good 4G connection to phone & car. And of course it is gathering a lot of information each time. Security, Charging, Climate, Journeys, Location etc.
Oh come on.
There are four doors, a tailgate and bonnet - so that's 6 bits of data. Let's be generous and say it needs a whole byte.
Four bits for the windows.
Charging - perhaps one or two bytes.
Climate - again a couple of bytes, were it to actually relay any useful information anyway (see: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=461)
Journeys - I assume they're relayed to the server as and when they occur, not stored on the car's system only to be relayed when you use the app.
Location - This could take a while, if the car has to get a GPS fix from nothing each time you use the app, however "Car Locator" is only a thing once you click on it in the app - another half minute wait! :lol:

This is a tiny amount of data that any modern phone and 4G connection could deliver in milliseconds. It takes the best part of a minutes sometimes.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

It’s not the best app in the world. But it’s now working for me
It took several weeks to get it working and lots of emails to Honda. But we got there
I only took out the two free services
But obviously missed out on a month as it took that time for them to fix

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post