My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Wow. This thread is now up to 26 pages, this tipped it over to 27. And its not the only one on this topic, just my original. Just in case anyone is tempted, please don't sign up for any Paid Sub. If you have more money than sense, there are plenty of Charities who would appreciate your support. Or become a Patreon to Jonny Smith @carpervert on YouTube. Anything is better than giving money to Honda.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

Marmite

Post by Marmite »

RAL7004 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:34 pm Don't pay for the assistant!
It brings no added value.
We bought it out of love for Japan.
Since we don't use the little guy, he always sleeps....
:lol:
I love your avatar though. I love Japan & Honda generally but not the App! One day it will catch up!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

I doubt it!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Marmite wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:36 pm
RAL7004 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:34 pm Don't pay for the assistant!
It brings no added value.
We bought it out of love for Japan.
Since we don't use the little guy, he always sleeps....
:lol:
I love your avatar though. I love Japan & Honda generally but not the App! One day it will catch up!
Here’s hoping!!!
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

@Marmite - what's the opinion of the car and the software in Japan? are there stories of any software updates in the JDM?
Ex e owner
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

milligoon wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:19 pm @Marmite - what's the opinion of the car and the software in Japan? are there stories of any software updates in the JDM?
In Japan, e is only sold 1000 per year, so it's still limited novelty but not as much as at the beginning when there were waiting list. Some Japanese who checks foreign site complain why they are not offered accessories at all as we are (but they have two more main colours I have to say!).

Futuristic design/idea wise it regarded better than Nissan Leaf etc but range and highway driving wise not so, though as EV for city/commuting/pleasuring within range, it's highly rated but seen as expensive @ about £32K equivalent, even with £5.7k government grant.

For the software, it's different structure, they have Honda Total Care comes as free (support, rescue, assistance, using some app) then you need to purchase premium (£4/month) for EV mobile app function (pre climate, charging level check, open/close door and open charging lid (we don't have this do we - but can't see much point).

Then there is auto emergency support eg. if it detect theft/break whilst the key is away they will send somebody to the car - for £2.40/month. Also digital key function for another £2.40/month.

The Total care platform had been established since 2016 all across Honda cars so they have better experience may be? For EV apps, apart from some delay happened at ios update, not much problem it seems and people sounds happy with digital key - it features a lot as great aspect (side by aquarium, lol).

No news about software update as far as I can see atm!
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

One app reset later, and I have the security package enabled. Has anyone actually found anything it’s useful for, or should I just ignore it and then cancel when it stops being free?
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Re. Safety & Journey, I'm with you. I did set up 'Geo-fence' for 10 miles but I don't need to be told when the car go outside of 10 miles radius! As for Digital Roadside Assistance, I don't know what they would do but very dubious... :?
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Can I ask (sorry if it's already discussed), how often this (see where red marked below) update for you?? Is this depends on our house wifi, my position in the house/shop/far away etc??

Sometimes it's update immediately, sometimes not so then cannot send destination/pre condition.

The charging 'left time' seems decrease without update - I prefer if they mention 'what time' btw. However "charged %" only increase with update? All update immediately though, if I open the car but that defeat the object!? Hmmm.

app_LI.jpg

milligoon

Post by milligoon »

It's common, it's like the car goes into a deep sleep and can't be wakened from its slumber until you unlock the car.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post