Faulty Telematics

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

So I have had the car back at the dealers today for them to switch the Telematics unit from eCall to Normal so that the app pairing and other connectivity functions can be enabled. It took them 5 minutes to do it this morning on their demonstrator but spent 99 minutes trying to get it working on my car this afternoon and didn’t managed to get it working. The car is claiming that there is no signal which may mean a fault with the sim (anyone know if it’s a physical sim or an esim?), a fault with the telematics unit, or a fault with the antenna. Nothing in the diagnostics is giving them a clue.

They’ll be in touch with Honda on Monday to get some advice and get back to me.

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

I guess Honda UK will be able to sort, but if it helps others my Dealer in Salisbury is August Motors Honda 01722 412222. They sorted mine on Thursday.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

It uses esim.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I wasted an hour waiting for the technician to try and set this up after I couldn't connect using the app at the point of entering the VIN number
It appears that Honda have a bulletin advising that new Honda e's need to be registered 24 hrs on their back end system before an owner attempts to connect via the app.
I'll try again when I have my car back on Wednesday.

As an aside the car powered off & wouldn't power on until a jump pack was connected to the 12v battery, a little worrying however I did spend quite a while looking at the menu options whilst waiting for them to look at it.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

It's counter-intuitive why electric cars even need 12v batteries in the first place to start up...
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

My car has to go back for diagnostics for a couple of days in order to determine why they can’t activate the telematics on it.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

That sucks. When you get it back can you ask exactly what was the problem and how they solved it. It can help others on this forum in the future.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Well I got news today to arrange a visit to Honda to activate eCALL+ esim + upgrade the system on the car. So let's see how my upgrade goes. I hope to get my infotainment fixed in the process.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Does, anyone know exactly how the esim is switched over? Going to pop into dealer tomorrow, and they're not sure how it's done.
Assume the car has to be plugged into their diagnostics system?
Adv. 16" Wheels
Larbor

Post by Larbor »

You’d expect them to be trained for maintenance if they’re selling it.
I guess it’ll take a year or 2