Faulty Telematics

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66
Not sure whether this is still wanted or useful (this thread is getting very long) but here are some pics of Bluetooth/Audio menu screen. Without & without my iPhone connected (had to Forget this Device) and pair up again.
Not sure why this is relevant to e-sim issues, but here you go.

NB: keep in mind in our location mobile reception is rubbish. So my car can sometimes talk to the Big Wide World and hence Honda EU, but not always.

DCF47B2C-ABF9-4AA3-B08B-90289754FC6D.jpeg

61C35562-1362-4036-B464-246142773820.jpeg

Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:00 pm
TechJamo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:30 am
TechJamo wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:25 am I think the problem was with my Oneplus Nord or perhaps android 10!

My LGv40 asked me for a PIN which is the stage the Oneplus Nord could never get to.

The PIN has now been registered with the phone.
WOW! So for a split second, I had most of the app working! I was able to lock and unlock the car, set the climate from the car whilst outside the car - I was just about to try the car location feature when the app force closed and logged me out😢.

Now I can't get logged back in as the Honda app is waiting for me to validate my phones login with the App itself?!
You're now stuffed, you'll need to create a new account (different email address). I think that your dealer needs to request assistance from head office to delete your current account.
That's exactly where I got to originally (but the app never worked for me) by using my phone as a hotspot.
I've created a new account and cannot complete the registration after entering the PIN.

I'm booked in next Wednesday for the dealer to look at this because my esim isn't correctly setup.
Right! After a morning of STRESS I've finally got it working with my Original Honda account!

This is how it went... Called up Honda Customer services, asked them if they could reset my devices linked to my account as my phone won't allow me to login. They told me they would call me back today.

Waited and hour, got impatient and rang Honda Customer Services again! This time I told asked them if they could delete my Honda account linked to my email address so that I could re register with my original email. They were like NOO DON'T DELETE ANYTHING, we are going to reset the devices on your account remotely. They sent me a code to my email to confirm I had control of the email address and then told me to wait 15 mins before signing in again.
After 15 mins I signed in and had no hitches at all - my phone didn't ask me to wait for my primary device to be verified blah blah blah crp.

Honda than rang me back again 15 mins later (this must have been the original guy from when I rang them the first time) telling me that the problem was caused by a bug on their authentication software which doesn't remember the primary phone the account is registered on. He told me that he was going to get the team to reset my authentication lol - I was like nah mate it's already been done.

Long Story short - they can sort it out remotely! Here's the customer service number I called...
+44 345 200 8000
It's all working for me now. Finally.

Give them a call and tell them to do it whilst you're on the phone! They're a bit flakey with their call backs.

Well... Now the issue is there's certain things the app isn't telling me! Battery level, status of the windows, GPS location of the car... But I'm going to give the services time to be fully activated.

IMG_20200827_163321.jpg

IMG_20200827_163318.jpg

IMG_20200827_163310.jpg

Best wishes,

Joel Justin | Founder & Content Creator
TECH JAMO YouTube Channel

Social Media: @TechJamo

Telephone/WhatsApp: +44 7586504544

MailTo: Hello@techjamo.com
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm *** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***
Honda Bulletin Bulletin SU-25-0004-00

Ensure that the core connectivity package is ACTIVE before subscribing to any other packages.

See the attached bulletin (sorry cannot add the original PDF because only images are allowed to be attached):
Bulletin SU-25-0004-00 (1of2).jpg

Bulletin SU-25-0004-00 (2of2).jpg
Ahhh crap! I signed up to the core package and the safety package at the same time... I wonder if that's why I can't see my cars battery information properly?!

I wonder if I should unsubscribe and then resubscribe?!

Screenshot_20200827-181646.jpg

Best wishes,

TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:49 pm memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=66
Not sure whether this is still wanted or useful (this thread is getting very long) but here are some pics of Bluetooth/Audio menu screen. Without & without my iPhone connected (had to Forget this Device) and pair up again.
Not sure why this is relevant to e-sim issues, but here you go.

NB: keep in mind in our location mobile reception is rubbish. So my car can sometimes talk to the Big Wide World and hence Honda EU, but not always.
Yeah it's because once your Esim is activated, that little symbol on the left hand side of 'connected to TCU' will light up white.
Best wishes,

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

@TechJamo
Thanks, a couple things:
1) Good news you've got the app connected & sort of working.
2) I also phoned that number, last week and they were due to also get back to me last week. I've had a email conversations and my original email account might now be reset (well that's what they've told me).
3) I just noticed that you had a confirmation of ownership which I myself have yet to see IRL:

IMG_20200827_111619.jpg

2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
TechJamo

Post by TechJamo »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:54 pm @TechJamo
Thanks, a couple things:
1) Good news you've got the app connected & sort of working.
2) I also phoned that number, last week and they were due to also get back to me last week. I've had a email conversations and my original email account might now be reset (well that's what they've told me).
3) I just noticed that you had a confirmation of ownership which I myself have yet to see IRL:
IMG_20200827_111619.jpg
I was literally driving around town like a mad man looking for areas which had good signal - once I found one I would sit in the car and try the pin Pairing process lol. This didn't work for like half an hour - I gave up and started driving home, then I randomly saw a notification in the top right of the dashboard screen (whilst in an area with very good signal reception) and there it was - confirmation of ownership.

However, the first code it showed me didn't work (I think this is because I had generated so many codes and it had bundled them up and sent me them altogether).

I turned the car on and off a few times, and finally my code came up :D - it was plain sailing from there onwards.

... Until the app force close and logged me out which meant I couldn't get logged back into my account on my phone :/

But like I said, customer services were able to delete my registration and sort this out for me remotely.
Best wishes,

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

So every time you change the phone is going to be a headache
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

There is a lot posted under this heading. I suggest you also checkout my thread titled “My Honda+”
It pays to follow each step of the process carefully, and give the App and your Car time to talk to Honda EU. So a good 4G signal is essential, plus lots of patience. More tortoise, less hare.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Got my car back from the dealers this morning. After some communications with Honda everything is up and running now - although they are not entirely sure why.
MainMind

Post by MainMind »

At the dealership they have the same problem with activating the TCU. Pending an official response, there is an internal procedure to reset the entire TCU.

On the other hand, the internal validation system using tokens of the application is very little debugged... With a user registration from scratch there is no problem, if you uninstall the application or log out, it remains validating, which forces you to create another account with another email.

Very basic development errors appear on the web/API/JS/OTP, I have reported several of them, still no response... Yes, they use the IBM cloud

20210101 - error JS.jpg

20210101 - error IBM token.jpg

TCU de HondaLink: 240050042