Infotainment system shutdown.

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

Has anyone seen issue with infotainment screen that one side or other suddenly shows like old fashion "static" picture like in the old TV?
Honda e Advance 2020

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

tiitsu wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:15 pm Has anyone seen issue with infotainment screen that one side or other suddenly shows like old fashion "static" picture like in the old TV?
Yes - my wife borrowed the car one day recently and said it happened very briefly at start up. A few days later the same happened to me when leaving the shops. Just one monitor (I think right hand side one, not drivers display), and it was sudden blip/burst of coloured lines like old tv static / sync issue.

Never done it since. car is 18months old now and done 14k/miles+

Not too worried, if this was hardware failure I think I would have seen it more often by now. I suspect that short journeys or maybe internal humidity is the cause. Its strange that the only 2 times it has ever happened were just a couple of days apart, and never before or after.

I can't say I have seen the infotainment slow down so much. Yeah its not great but i have never had to factory reset or pull the fuse. I usually just use DAB, the settings screen or android auto. I guess im not pushing it much.

I have once seen the android auto google maps slow down and become quite behind. This was using an older phone though over cable.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

tiitsu wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:15 pm Has anyone seen issue with infotainment screen that one side or other suddenly shows like old fashion "static" picture like in the old TV?
Yes, periodically on passenger screen. Hard to clock entirely as I'm focussing elsewhere, but I've had that regularly but randomly since new. Only for a second or less, but noticeable out of the corner of my eye.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:28 pm ...
I have once seen the android auto google maps slow down and become quite behind. This was using an older phone though over cable.
This is inherent in Google & Apple maps.
The other day when I was driving our ICE car I used Google Maps for navigation on a phone (not Android Auto or Apple CarPlay), and it was consistently delayed where I had exited roundabouts by a couple of hundred meters, but Google Maps was still showing as being on the roundabout and this was using an iPhone 13 so not an old underpowered phone.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

FDAD wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:13 am
williamchan wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:07 am
Hey FDAD, I just had mine factory reset the 4th time due to the same issue, mind me asking what was the solution that Honda provided to your e?

P.S. Just emailed the dealer in Stockport and provided this thread to them as a reference, finger crossed this might help to speed up a bit of the process as I am afraid, they will just ask me to bring the car over and perform several engine start and come back to me and say nothing is wrong with it.
Well the dealer replaced mine and it fixed some issues with overheating but the actual fix is you just don't try and do much with the infotainment.
I actually unistalled everything that came factory, the aquarium and AHA radio it was the only way I could keep mine from freezing from time to time (once a week) and I also changed some configurations in developer mode.

If the screen goes black and you are not bothered to go to Honda ask them to fix it.... if you are like me and already know they are just as useless as the infotainment itself.
Turn off the car, open the bonnet and pull the infotainment fuse for 10 seconds and put it back again. There fixed....
Ouch I think you're right. I've been using just Apple CarPlay plus a wallpaper that I like only, never fancy its aquarium and radio, the design of dual screens is so nice and it is wasted due to its out-dated low horse power infotainment system. I've been thinking if they might release a new firmware update with some bug fixes and hopefully add support for "walk away auto lock" which is available for some of their models back in 2019 too.

I gotta visit the dealership again anyway for the replacement of its protection film which they fitted during servicing and turned out it is full of bubbles and unexpectedly it is just a film for the paint but not for the tempered glass charging cover. :roll:
tiitsu

Post by tiitsu »

MattHero wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:53 pm
Yes, periodically on passenger screen. Hard to clock entirely as I'm focussing elsewhere, but I've had that regularly but randomly since new. Only for a second or less, but noticeable out of the corner of my eye.
This has not happened for me now for a while, but when it happen, I think I had usb cable hanging from the port and phone was not connected. After unplug the cable and issue was gone. But now I know that I have not been the only one. Thanks for confirming this.
Honda e Advance 2020
stzrd

Post by stzrd »

Turn off the car, open the bonnet and pull the infotainment fuse for 10 seconds and put it back again. There fixed....
Which fuse is it under the bonnet?
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

stzrd wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:55 am
Which fuse is it under the bonnet?

1.jpg

The attachment 2.jpg is no longer available

2.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post