Infotainment system shutdown.

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Trykpaa
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Trykpaa » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:54 am

sbullo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:07 pm
It is now shutting down every few minutes. :-(
First 5 days it was working perfectly.
I have had similar in my Civic. Factory reset solved the issue. Have you tried that?

sbullo
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by sbullo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:26 am

Will try that after visit to dealer this morning. Wanted to show them the issue first.
Adv. 16" Wheels

sbullo
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by sbullo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 am

Did a factory data reset at the dealer just before they looked at the esim issue, and so far it's working again.
Will see how it goes, just need to redo all the radio stations, wallpaper, icons, navigation addresses, etc... again.
Adds a whole new meaning to the "my car has crashed".
Adv. 16" Wheels

Patte
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 pm

Post by Patte » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:44 am

Couldn't it be an "none Honda" app that is installed and crashes the Android system?

Or maybe the mobile phone that is connected, if any, is not compatible, jail breaked or something?

Or is the fault on a default system without any external peripherals?

sbullo
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by sbullo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 am

I’ve not installed any additional apps and it was crashing without anything plugged into it.
Adv. 16" Wheels

Trykpaa
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Trykpaa » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:33 pm

sbullo wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 am
I’ve not installed any additional apps and it was crashing without anything plugged into it.
Glad it helped. In my Civic the Garmin had had developed the bug which caused the issue. Fine for 3years, suddenly not so much.

Our E infotainment crashed and factory reset itself when trying to connect the phone. Pain in the a... that is

sbullo
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by sbullo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:45 pm

Trykpaa wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:33 pm
sbullo wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:54 am
I’ve not installed any additional apps and it was crashing without anything plugged into it.
Glad it helped. In my Civic the Garmin had had developed the bug which caused the issue. Fine for 3years, suddenly not so much.

Our E infotainment crashed and factory reset itself when trying to connect the phone. Pain in the a... that is
Thanks for the advice. Hoping it remains stable now as it is a pain to set everything back again.
Adv. 16" Wheels

User avatar
FDAD
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:55 pm
Location: Porto, Portugal

Post by FDAD » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:13 pm

sbullo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:07 pm
It is now shutting down every few minutes. :-(
First 5 days it was working perfectly.
Mine does that to from time to time if I have loud music + hot day... The solution seems to turn the music off for a few minutes (20 + -) (I suspect the amp overheating. I had a fast message popup in red at the bottom of the first screen saying 92.5ºc and it went black right after). it goes just fine after that. The worst i've had was having to do over 130kms without stereo because of that. But that was it... it has been working just fine. ;)
The JAP did not account for Algarve's heat :lol: :lol:
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 50 000Kms + ✌️🎂

User avatar
Reuben80
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 3:29 pm
Location: Malta

Post by Reuben80 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:44 pm

FDAD wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:13 pm
sbullo wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:07 pm
It is now shutting down every few minutes. :-(
First 5 days it was working perfectly.
Mine does that to from time to time if I have loud music + hot day... The solution seems to turn the music off for a few minutes (20 + -) (I suspect the amp overheating. I had a fast message popup in red at the bottom of the first screen saying 92.5ºc and it went black right after). it goes just fine after that. The worst i've had was having to do over 130kms without stereo because of that. But that was it... it has been working just fine. ;)
The JAP did not account for Algarve's heat :lol: :lol:
It is not a good sign as here is also hot.
Needs AC circulation in the system then.

sbullo
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by sbullo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:44 pm

My shutdowns weren’t heat related. So far it’s not come back. 1 day and counting. :-)
Adv. 16" Wheels

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post