OBDII

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Jeffers wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 am
Reuben80 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:04 am
Jeffers wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:11 am If anyone can be bothered, can sniffing will allow you to work out the pids but it’s a time consuming process
I will check about Can Sniffing when I have some time but I think it is the same as Torque scan, you need to guess the data that you get because it will not be labelled.
It’s a very laborious process. If you take it one address at a time and change as many things as you can while watching the output to see what makes a change (some outputs change on their own every second or so as a signal to prove its existence), you can then try and work out the range of the outputs for each address, and what causes that change. It’s obviously more complex than this brief explanation, but if you have the time and inclination, your results will be most appreciated.

One thing that may cause an issue is which can line is accessible by the obd port. To access some functions in some cars requires tapping into a separate can line between ecu’s, say pcm and bcm or whatever Honda calls them. The really interesting stuff may only be accessible this way.
Unfortunately that is very time consuming and I cannot afford to do it myself. There will be hundreds of lines and is impossible to do trial and error for all of them.

SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Any updates on this one? I would be interested in data like battery health (SOH), current temperature of the 12 battery modules etc. Maybe some App developers have added the Honda e to their software in the meantime?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

SwissChris wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm Any updates on this one? I would be interested in data like battery health (SOH), current temperature of the 12 battery modules etc. Maybe some App devedlopers have added the Honda e to their software in the meantime?
I'm waiting too...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

Have anyone tried check the developer menu for this stuff?
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Let´s try it again - anyone?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Developer options doesn't display these types of settings.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
3xs.scott

Post by 3xs.scott »

I was able to get error codes with a ELM327 OBDII interface and the GaragePro Car OBD2 Scanner App on Android. I selected Jazz3 as the model since the e isn't listed.

I wasn't able to clear the 3 codes that I currently have - or maybe I was and they came straight back because there is actually a fault. So partial success...
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

What error codes do you have?
ilBaku

Post by ilBaku »

SwissChris wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm Any updates on this one? I would be interested in data like battery health (SOH), current temperature of the 12 battery modules etc. Maybe some App developers have added the Honda e to their software in the meantime?
I use Power Check Control. It supports Honda E and uses a specific dongle OBDII. Unfortunately it doesn’t report so much data, just the maximum battery capacity and the temperature. For other models it shows also the difference between max & min voltage of every cell, the average consumption, the total amount of kW charged in AC and in DC, the total amount of kW regenerated. The check operation generates a certificate that last for 2 months. So you can’t repeat the check before 2 months. I checked the first time 3 months ago, after the car was exactly one year old and the result was 95% of original battery capacity. I repeated the check today and the result is 92,2%. I’m just a little worried because it doesn’t seems to me so good losing almost 8% of battery capacity in just 16 months. And almost 3% in the last 3 months. I had read that the first year is the more critical for the battery and after the degradation is slower. If the degradation will continue at this rhythm in the next checks I will take the car to the dealer
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

ilBaku wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:30 pm
SwissChris wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm Any updates on this one? I would be interested in data like battery health (SOH), current temperature of the 12 battery modules etc. Maybe some App developers have added the Honda e to their software in the meantime?
I use Power Check Control. It supports Honda E and uses a specific dongle OBDII. Unfortunately it doesn’t report so much data, just the maximum battery capacity and the temperature. For other models it shows also the difference between max & min voltage of every cell, the average consumption, the total amount of kW charged in AC and in DC, the total amount of kW regenerated. The check operation generates a certificate that last for 2 months. So you can’t repeat the check before 2 months. I checked the first time 3 months ago, after the car was exactly one year old and the result was 95% of original battery capacity. I repeated the check today and the result is 92,2%. I’m just a little worried because it doesn’t seems to me so good losing almost 8% of battery capacity in just 16 months. And almost 3% in the last 3 months. I had read that the first year is the more critical for the battery and after the degradation is slower. If the degradation will continue at this rhythm in the next checks I will take the car to the dealer
How do you usually charge your car?